• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Expert limit strap modification?

T
Nov 21, 2020
Just a curiosity, but has anybody modified the expert limit strap to allow it to go to the 1-3 position? I know factory is 3-5 and I have it in the 2-4 position currently but I want more. Just wondering if anybody has figured out how to make it go that little bit further?

T
Nov 21, 2020
So nobody has modified the limit strap to get to the 1-3 position? Guess I'll be the first! Just need to find a strap that's just a little bit longer with no hole already in it

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i'd wonder about the weight of the skid being supported by the center shock and/or the limiter crank mechanism if the skid travel bottoms out on those instead of the strap now that it's going to be longer.

T
Nov 21, 2020
i'd wonder about the weight of the skid being supported by the center shock and/or the limiter crank mechanism if the skid travel bottoms out on those instead of the strap now that it's going to be longer.
I don't really see how it would be much different than any of the machines I see without the adjustable strap that are in position 1. I don't ever really move the strap from long, but it would be nice to be able to drag it back to position 3 if things get ugly.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i'm taking your description of modifying the strap by adding a hole to it because there isn't one there. if that's true then that's what my concern was about. potentially the travel could be made too long if you go past wherever the position one hole woulda been so that the skid is bottoming out on suspension component(s) before the strap stops the downward movement of the skid.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
To be honest, it's because a friend of mine is out wheeling my 165 turbo on his 154 n/a.
If his 154 has the 3" track, I completely understand.
My boys '18 is a wheelie monster. He loves it. It's not great to keep the front end down trying to get up steep slopes tho...lol

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Hard to put wheelie a 154x3 sled if you want to wheelie all day you got the wrong sled . There’s more to it than just the strap also to make frontend light .definitely 100% backwards from what I want lol wheelies tucker me out

Premium Features