• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine in and out of Chassis

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Anyone find a good way to do this easily on and IQ RMK. I have done it twice now and it is next to impossable to get the engine saddle of of the motor mount bolts seeing how they are pretty much facing each other.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Seeing how nobody is probably working on these old chassis sleds anymore I figured it out on my own. So the rear PTO side engine mount is very easy to unbold and bolt back in when the motor in place. Its behind the secondary and also hold the torque stop on . Just remove the 4 bolts (nuts are welded on to bracket and chassis so no need to hold them with a wrench which makes it super easy.) and take tha rear mount and torque stop right out. Install the engine and then once the 2 holes on the mag side motor strap are over the mounts , lift up on the PTO side and install the rear motor mount to the strap and drop the motor back into place. Once in place put the mounts bolts and torque stop back in . So much easier. Can't believe I struggled with this all these years.

Premium Features