• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

electrical help on xp

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
So took my 860 out last sunday thing was running great then shut it off to group up went to take off and sled wouldn't start first thing I noticed was the gauge wasnt going up with pulls tryed playingwith kill switch and unpluged ecm and repluged check fuses then it fired up went to shut side panel it died and woundnt start drug it to trailer put it my shop yesterday wouldn't start sat in heated shop over night and fired up today any help I hate wiring thanks

M
Apr 19, 2010
So took my 860 out last sunday thing was running great then shut it off to group up went to take off and sled wouldn't start first thing I noticed was the gauge wasnt going up with pulls tryed playingwith kill switch and unpluged ecm and repluged check fuses then it fired up went to shut side panel it died and woundnt start drug it to trailer put it my shop yesterday wouldn't start sat in heated shop over night and fired up today any help I hate wiring thanks
have a look at the two wires off back of coil above carbs

revxp-12

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2011
Electrical issues always start with the basics. I've had problems like that on older sleds and turned out to be the stator.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Check the main plug from the stator, Mini....seems to be a common issue, especially if you removed any wires when/if you pulled the engine. A friend had the same issue with his 872 2 weeks ago, it was the stator.

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com

first-Check wires coming out/in the regulator rectifier,they rub against the bulk head and short.
Next- remove ECM plug and put light amount of dielectric grease on the plug and seal. Seems to be another issue with water shorting out the ECM.
Last-I've had multiple start/rer switches go bad, replace the switch assy with a new one. (sled deck+no cover=ELECTRICAL ISSUES) :mad2:

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Premium Features