• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does anyone know this guy????

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Nope but I do drive a Dodge. So are you saying that someone can't pass someone else without catching hell from an internet tough guy. Roads look nasty but if someone was driving slow on those roads and someone thought they could go faster then let them. No need to talk trash on the net just cuz someone went in the ditch. Like I said before driving isn't for everyone. Is it for you.

Last edited:
P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
I drive for a living. Oh yeh, I also have a 3500 Dodge that blows smoke. I have seen a person killed by the cool guy passing like a dumb ***. I agree some people shouldn't drive but they don't need some ****in assshole passing them like an idiot. I'm not going to get into it. You either get it or you don't.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
I am not trying to get into it with you either. All I am saying is who cares if someone passed someone. The person getting passed knows there getting passed. They can either slow down a bit more and let it happen or just keep driving no need to panic and go off the road. I have passed people many times and people start to panic when you pass them. If your that nervous of a driver stay off the road in nasty conditions. I am sure the drivers in the van went off the road because they were scared and ditched the van. It not that guys fault.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I may not have been his fault in any way that the van went into the ditch.
But the fact that he did not stop to see if everything was OK & offer help earns him "Pisser Sucker of the Year" award.

BTW
Saying that does not make me a "tuff guy".;)

S
Dec 9, 2007
I may not have been his fault in any way that the van went into the ditch.
But the fact that he did not stop to see if everything was OK & offer help earns him "Pisser Sucker of the Year" award.

BTW
Saying that does not make me a "tuff guy".;)

I agree 100%. This guy should have stopped to help. And when he didn't he should have been reported. Thats just total B.S.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Please tell me what he should have been reported for. It's the fault of the van driver for going into the ditch. I think it was stated he slowed down till he saw the other person stopping. Please tell me all of you who think said person is a piss sucker, stop to help every disabled car you see on the side of the road. If you tell me you do I think your all liars and just want to bash on someone.

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I seen that guy. Do you drive a brownish chevy truck? I was in the grey yukon with the IQR on the back of a 2 place.

Ya I was in a Black Chev with deck and a single sled at the time. It's big and if I really feel the need I can turn up my chip and blow smoke too. Sometimes I do, but never when carrying sleds and representing a sport which I am very passionate about. I agree it was not his fault the vehicle went into the ditch, but he should have stopped. I can tell what kind of message his driving was sending to another snowmobiler. What do you think any non or undecided snowmobile advocates he came across thought about snowmobilers? Even though it is just one guy they probably generalize about sleders the same way we do about greenies.

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
and you guys that are deffending these acts, Would you still be deffending him if it were your wives, girlfriends, or mothers who went in the ditch? I highly doubt it.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
One man cannot build our sledding community alone.
One man can destroy it alone by his actions.

Let's be smart so we can continue to enjoy our sport with out some jack*** telling everyone that we are dangerous and we need to be shut down. what if a high powered lawyer or greenie had seen that display and decided to prosecute us to the fullest extent? these people don't see us as individuals, they see us as SNOWMOBILERS and put us all in that truck. let's be responsible on the mountain and the highways for the protection of our beloved sport/lifestyle.

PLEASE don't give them any more ammo to shut us down!!

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
What are they going to prosecute you for? It’s not illegal to pass someone. They were scared and went into the ditch. You’re not going to go to jail. I'm sure the DA isn't coming after you either. If I am missing something please inform me.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
Who gives a rats arse about the "charges" or the DA? It's simple that if you see another car heading into the ditch, regardless is your actions put him there or helped put him there, you stop and help. The main point of this thread, as I see it, is that people will generalize about everyone with a sled, a deck or trailer no matter. The guy shouldn't be charged with anything. Being a douche bag isn't a crime. It's just being a douche bag. He doesn't need the DA. He needs a slap.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I do agree that people should pull over for faster traffic in the park. I have ran people off before but IMO they deserve it some times. A lot of people drive in the middle of the roads and do not pull over. BUT if i see some one go off because i was passing, usually i will help them get out.

When i am trying to get to Cooke and have to deal with some one doing 20 mph driving in the middle of the road... lets just say i get that trailer as close as i can to them.

Last edited:

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I do agree that people should pull over for faster traffic in the park. I have ran people off before but IMO they deserve it some times. A lot of people drive in the middle of the roads and do not pull over. BUT if i see some one go off because i was passing, usually i will help them get out.

When i am trying to get to Cooke and have to deal with some one doing 20 mph driving in the middle of the road... lets just say i get that trailer as close as i can to them.

And we would expect nothing less of you.

C
Nov 27, 2007
CDA
I am not trying to get into it with you either. All I am saying is who cares if someone passed someone. The person getting passed knows there getting passed. They can either slow down a bit more and let it happen or just keep driving no need to panic and go off the road. I have passed people many times and people start to panic when you pass them. If your that nervous of a driver stay off the road in nasty conditions. I am sure the drivers in the van went off the road because they were scared and ditched the van. It not that guys fault.

i just wann say your wrong
so if you pass and they go in the ditch your going to leve them there?

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
I think some of you are missing the point. The point as I understand it is the guy was driving like a jacka$$ for alot longer than just when he passed the van and he was giving sledders a bad rap by the way he was driving. I drive a diesel and I like to blow smoke, but I choose to drive different when my sled is in tow ESPECIALLY when I am in the national forest, because I do not need to give the greenies any more ammo to use against sledders. I think this is more what the original poster had in mind.

Just my $.02

B
Jan 21, 2003
Maybe you should have caught up to him and talked smack to his face and not on the net. Who really cares anyway. If they lost control due to the fact that he was passing its not his fault they went in the ditch. You know driving isn't for everyone.

Sounds to me like we should all move to Fairbanks and ride sleds. Apparently they are not having the same problem with the greenies shutting down there riding areas. I agree with everyone who says we do not need to give the environmentalists anymore reasons to shut down our recreation areas. I along with others have attended several meeting and paid numerous contributions to organizations who have helped keep our riding areas open. Oh and I also drive a "big diesel truck" and like to blow black smoke everywhere, but not when my sleds, dirt bikes or boat is in tow. 07IQRMK, someday when your riding areas get shutdown just because...maybe then you will get it

M
Dec 21, 2007
Washington
How about we judge each person based on their own behavior instead of stereotyping them into categories like sledders?

This guy was a jerk. Has nothing to do with sledders as a whole.

When we say it is we feed the stereotype.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Yeah move to Fairbanks. I would love to take you to some good riding areas where you don't have to worry about the greenies. Our snow is great by the way and we ride from Oct - June. If your getting passed just get out of the way. Don't panic when I pass you with 4 sleds and a cab over camper. Can't drive stay off the roads in nasty conditions. I still don't think you guys pull over to help every disabled car on the road either. So think about this thread next time you see someone on the road way with hazard lights on. If you just blow by them your lame A_ss needs to be reported. You all must have been boy scouts and received you badge of honor.

Premium Features