• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A goose……

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
A wild Canada goose did two circles around my farm house while honking excitedly today. He then flew away to the pond a half mile away.
I felt he was telling me something as he’s never flown over the house and definitely never did two low circles around the house.
Him and his goose wife have been nesting at the pond for the last month. I see them everyday.
I drive to the pond and sure enough, him and family were at waters edge with the tiny little gooses! It’s like they were waiting for me!
Turns out, he was a proud Dad and he wanted me to check out his newly hatched baby gooses.
Awwwwww, kanedog connected to nature! Who knew?
In other news, I just caught a mouse in a trap and he dragged the trap under the house attached to his leg. I just smoked a joint, I’m on the recliner so ima leave him be. If you see said mouse and trap, please return the trap. Haha

Last edited:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Are there domesticated Canadian geese?
I’m not sure. I’ll try to befriend one next year. The closest I saw was a guy became the Alpha goose with his motorized hang glider thingy. He led them on a migration run. The flock flew behind him in “v” formation. They would land in the evening to rest and take off in the morning. Cool documentary on it.

Last edited:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Mouse update-the mouse that got his leg caught in a trap ran away and took the trap with him. I upgraded to a rat trap. Just caught a mouse in it. I heard it go off and went to look. Poor lil guy was squished across belly looking at me with sad eyes to help him.
Note to self-wait 10 minutes to look at a trap, mouse will be dead.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
my daughter had a very young canadian goose brought to her a few years ago, don't know how it ended up alone. She had other geese, not cdn, and it grew up with them. after two years in the fall when the geese were headed south it just joined up with them and headed south never to be seen again. Hope it made out OK.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I believe the correct name is Canada Goose. My Canada Wife told me lol.
The correct name is cobra chicken. there is a video of a goose taking on a herd of cows in Vanderhoof BC, not far from here, it's probably on you tube. I'd say the cows lost. I have a small pond where I calve my cows and I like it when the geese stop there for the night, nothing is sneaking up on those girls with those things around.

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
The correct name is cobra chicken. there is a video of a goose taking on a herd of cows in Vanderhoof BC, not far from here, it's probably on you tube. I'd say the cows lost. I have a small pond where I calve my cows and I like it when the geese stop there for the night, nothing is sneaking up on those girls with those things around.
I might need to rename the wife “Cobra Chicken Canuck”. Nothing gets by her either!

Premium Features