• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dodge lifts

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
FYI-

Mega Cabs and Power Wagons are 2" higher than std trucks...

I did a level kit / 35's (2006 MC cummins/auto/3.73's) looked good but tranny/towing/mileage sufferd...

I bumped the back up 2" (I hate the big front wheel well look anyway) and now have 4.10's and 37/12.5/17 BFG AT's...looks the best, the gears fixed everything...mileage is still less than stock and 285's but the look is 10 times better...

SO for a quad cab truck you need a 4" for 35's...converter upgrade will help...if you tow big/heavy and want 37" tires 4.10's are mandatory...BJ

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
i have stock rims 35x12.5x17 cooper stt on my stock wheels no level rub a bit with 2inch level no rub but i have a 1ton mega.
IMG_1879.jpg

Nice truck/color..of course they came out with that AFTER I got my Patriot blue (a little to dark for me)-BJ

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
FYI-

Mega Cabs and Power Wagons are 2" higher than std trucks...

I did a level kit / 35's (2006 MC cummins/auto/3.73's) looked good but tranny/towing/mileage sufferd...

I bumped the back up 2" (I hate the big front wheel well look anyway) and now have 4.10's and 37/12.5/17 BFG AT's...looks the best, the gears fixed everything...mileage is still less than stock and 285's but the look is 10 times better...

SO for a quad cab truck you need a 4" for 35's...converter upgrade will help...if you tow big/heavy and want 37" tires 4.10's are mandatory...BJ

Yes Power Wagons are 2" higher than a regular stocker, but Mega Cabs are not!

Here's a pic of my Mega with Carli/Thuren Suspension;

IMG_0237.JPG

HPIM0431.JPG

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I have the Carli Starter kit on my '07 5.9L with 35's and 18's. Looks nice and rides great!! The nice thing about Carli is you can always upgrade the components to match the more expensive kits they have to offer. I did have to add air bags so when I tow my 3 place enclosed it does not squat.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I have an 06 Mega, CTD, A/T. A month ago, i put 35"s on it, on 18" rims. It cleared, but barely. With the trailing arm/coil spring design up front, the axle pushes forward upon compression, but it's still darn close, and I did some gentle massaging of the back of the fender well at the bottom. All I have right now is the level kit.

I use a sled deck on the rear, and with a pair of M7's and the airbags, I still get some sway. BOSS shocks hold the patent for the RS9000 valving, and A friend of mine is getting up and going on importing them here. The plus to the BOSS brand is they can be mounted any way, and the shaft dia is 5/8". That should solve my sway issues (they aren't that bad, so this should take care of it completely)

I can't say yet who's kit to go with, but for me, I like the idea of being able to chain up if I have too, so I'll be considering a proper lift myself. I suspect I'll go with the 6" front, 4" rear, and get rid of the front 'biscuits'

As far as the tranny goes, I plan to go with a dunrite triple disc converter, and valve body.

It's funny, havent checked snowest for months, and the first time I do, I end up in the diesel truck forums..... I must be gluttin' for punishment.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
just put a pro comp six inch long arm kit on my 08 long box. love the ride and fit 37 1450 20 only rubbing at full lock

Premium Features