• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thought it was a Center Seals

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
05 900 - Lots of miles on the old Gal....

I started loosing oil every time the sled would sit, standard dropping to below the first feed line in the bottle. I explained the situation to the wife, and she asked me to keep riding it until it finally quit, and we could try to get me a new Khaos. Nuff Said.... kept filling the bottle, put in a shutoff valve in the line for overnight parking and didn't take it any further from the parking lot than I was willing to tow it. That's been 2 winters and almost 600-700 miles ago, sled ran fine, and every now and then it ran low on oil because the valve got left on. Last weekend, my brother borrowed it for a ride, and he started having issues with bogs and backfiring at lower RPM. I decided to jump into it tonight and decided to pull the throttle body off to set the TPS and guess what I found....

Fittling.jpg

The brass fitting fell out when I touched the hose. I've searched through the 900 threads for the last 4 hours and I haven't found anything on how this brass fitting for the Center Seal stays in the block. Can anyone give me some hints on how to get it to stay in? I can pop it back in the hole but it loose as crap and will just keep leaking oil. We did flare out the end of the brass fitting and hit with a bunch of RTV and put it back in hole, but I'm concerned with how well it will hold. Over the last 2 years, I've read through tons of posts on this, but I just don't remember anything on this fitting.

Thanks for any advice you may have, this forum has been a life saver for the last 10 years I've been riding the 700/900's.

Chris

05 900 RMK - 7500+ Miles
06 700 RMK 1200+ Miles

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
Thanks!! I missed that one, the Flair and RTV seemed pretty solid last night, so we put it back together, and we'll keep an eye on it Saturday when we go up.

I appreciate the help! The posts answered even more questions that I had!

Chris

Premium Features