• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DO YOU NEED BOOST? | Pros vs Cons, Which One?, Ski-Doo vs Lynx vs Polaris Turbo, and TURBO TUNES

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
If you have to ask yourself if you really need boost, you may be too old for snowmobiling. Please contact your local 4H club to join the Wednesday night knitting group.

I asked myself and at 60, I snowchecked a Boost. After 800 km last season, I still ask if I needed a Boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I asked myself and at 60, I snowchecked a Boost. After 800 km last season, I still ask if I needed a Boost.

With the winters we have been getting, thats the only reason I am asking the same. Along with, do I need a 3” 165 anymore?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Some guys (very few) can ride a boosted sled to it's full potential. In NE Nevada we ride some of the steepest most technical terrain anywhere. Day after day I watch boosted sledders riding beyond their limits and screwing up, whether it’s stuck or ghost rides, or horrific crashes. I’m an old school guy who recently purchased a 165 NA Matryx. It is very well clutched , performs fantastic in all conditions, and never gets out of hand. I get asked day in day out after we rip up a technical pull, “Does that sled have a turbo”? The most fun part of the day is pulling off my side panel and showing them proof as they are amazed to see the stock muffler.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Some guys (very few) can ride a boosted sled to it's full potential. In NE Nevada we ride some of the steepest most technical terrain anywhere. Day after day I watch boosted sledders riding beyond their limits and screwing up, whether it’s stuck or ghost rides, or horrific crashes. I’m an old school guy who recently purchased a 165 NA Matryx. It is very well clutched , performs fantastic in all conditions, and never gets out of hand. I get asked day in day out after we rip up a technical pull, “Does that sled have a turbo”? The most fun part of the day is pulling off my side panel and showing them proof as they are amazed to see the stock muffler.
That’s odd.

The most fun part of my day is riding my turbo sled.

Different strokes for different folks.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
It is wierd. Every time i go sledding I most often get excited to take out my turbo and those few days that I take the NA I ask myself why I own a turbo because the NA feels spot on, inspires confidence and impresses me what it can do. It's lighter and better balanced too. It's just easier to ride. Then the next time I go sledding I reach for the turbo over the NA again. Either a sucker for punishment or something in me says the turbo should do way more than the NA. It does do way more in the power department but you rneed to ride it more agreesivley to enjoy it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It is wierd. Every time i go sledding I most often get excited to take out my turbo and those few days that I take the NA I ask myself why I own a turbo because the NA feels spot on, inspires confidence and impresses me what it can do. It's lighter and better balanced too. It's just easier to ride. Then the next time I go sledding I reach for the turbo over the NA again. Either a sucker for punishment or something in me says the turbo should do way more than the NA. It does do way more in the power department but you rneed to ride it more agreesivley to enjoy it.
Life is short.
We do what brings us JOY.
And lets face it, the TURBO always ads JOY to the ride.

Yes its Heavier.
Yes its Less Well Balanced
Yes it requires More Aggressive riding to get the most out of it.

And Yes, its JUST MORE DAMN FUN to ride

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'd rather be a good rider on a n/a sled keeping up with the turbos than an average rider only getting to places because of his turbo.
Great!

The underdog mentality is a very common thing.

Maybe you should continue with the idea and ride a 650. 😂

Premium Features