• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you have spot issues?

F

freeflorider

Mar 29, 2010
In the koots...bc
Just wanting to know how everyone likes there spots messengers?
I was set up with an Delorme PN-60 unit that gave me endless problems and was so problematic that today it took a hard dive into the concrete...problem solved I guess.
Liked the idea of having one but it hardly worked and was sending messages to other groups, not sending, wouldn't except updates and when I needed it most it did not send the sos we needed. spot sent me a new unit because of an update. problem at hand was it didn't work when it was cold mmmm wish I know that ahead of time, thanks for the bulletin.

Now after 3years of useless service I put it to rest. wonder if they received a memo and are despatching a rescue team.

R>I>P spot

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
Love my spot. Or I should say, my wife loves my spot. She likes the idea of knowing where I am riding (she know the area where I ride). In the seven years I have used it it has never missed a beat.

L

LuckydawgAK

Feb 13, 2011
Aurora, CO
I have a DeLorme Inreach and I think it's far superior to Spot. I had endless Bluetooth issues with my Spot/smartphone combo. I like DeLorme feature of being able to send and receive messages and not just send. Iridium satellite network seems to have much better coverage (at least in Alaska) where I use it. I can't comment on the DeLorme PN60 however.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I have a DeLorme Inreach and I think it's far superior to Spot. I had endless Bluetooth issues with my Spot/smartphone combo. I like DeLorme feature of being able to send and receive messages and not just send. Iridium satellite network seems to have much better coverage (at least in Alaska) where I use it. I can't comment on the DeLorme PN60 however.

The DeLorm Inreach operates on the Iridium satellite network that superior in Alaska. Spots run on the Globalstar network that has limited coverage in the far northern hemisphere (works sometimes, but not all the time...guess when it won't)

Premium Features