• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Did I mess up my clutch?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hi Guys,
over the summer I took out my 10-64 weights and put in 10-62 weights for higher elevation. Let's just pretend that when I put the little bolt back through the weight and then put the nut on the other side that I over tightened it. Would that cause my clutch to be more erratic including often having a higher engagement RPM?

Thanks

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Hi Guys,
over the summer I took out my 10-64 weights and put in 10-62 weights for higher elevation. Let's just pretend that when I put the little bolt back through the weight and then put the nut on the other side that I over tightened it. Would that cause my clutch to be more erratic including often having a higher engagement RPM?

Thanks

Lighter weights will do that. You should run your old weights with a heavier primary spring finish or the new weights with a lighter start primary spring. Assuming you wanted to stay with the original engagement.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to go give it some real world testing tomorrow and I will report back. If it just engages a little higher, that probably doesn't much bug me. We will see tomorrow. I haven't even had it out yet this winter because we can't get any snow here in Utah.

Premium Features