• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dial-A-Dome heads

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I have two psi engines with Dial-A-Dome heads, I understand how they come apart but in trying to disassemble them I find that about a quarter of a turn is all I can turn the chambers. I tried PB blaster and a moderate amount of force in the correct rotation, they seem to all go about the same distance and lock up pretty tight. I usually ride the one at the same elevation and have never tried to increase or decrease the compression. The other one I've never fired, bought it used and am just rebuilding it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Not sure why they aren't coming apart. Sounds like something is in the threads, maybe?

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I did call PSI and Bruce said to send them to him and he would have them like new in no time. I'm not stupid enough to do that after what I've learned on here. Hoping some one had a hot tip on getting them apart. I've heard of people having them welded solid and machined, might be what I end up doing. Thanks

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I did call PSI and Bruce said to send them to him and he would have them like new in no time. I'm not stupid enough to do that after what I've learned on here. Hoping some one had a hot tip on getting them apart. I've heard of people having them welded solid and machined, might be what I end up doing. Thanks

I had SLP weld mine then reshape the comb chamber they make more power now in mid and bottom end ,and they DO NOT MOVE like they used to..

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
Well, I finally got them apart, I worked them back and forth about a thousand times a piece and they finally loosened up. Now my dilema is where do I get the correct orings without dealing with Bruce. Any tips would be appreciated.

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I will do that, my only concern would be the high heat. But the hydraulic shop surely will know what durometer will be appropriate. I'm thinking that it will be a lot cheaper than the 30 bucks per hole that PSI wants. Thanks

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
you called PSI and not only did someone answer, but bruce none the less?

im still amazed he is still alive!

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I went to a a hydraulic shop and got the o-rings for about a buck a piece. Thanks for the tip. And yes Bruce did answer the phone and according to reverse phone directory it is a land line, but hell charging 900 percent over cost you could surely keep your phone on.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I looked at my phone...

Yeah, I've got two diff numbers for him.
801-866-2455 and 801-393-1010.
Not that I'm advocating doing biz with the guy...but if anyone needed his number for biz related phone calls....these are the ones I have. :)

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I bought my first PSI on ebay it needed pistons so I called Bruce and he said he had a batch being made, he said I could give him a card number to make sure I reserved a set. I declined and got on this forum and man I'm glad I did. I called back in about six months and he gave me the same b.s. story about having some coming any day. This old boy should be a politician, it seems he has scammed his way from Wisconsin to Utah and no one has broke his neck. Thanks to this forum he never got to me but it sounds like he has screwed people from coast to coast. I've decided to upgrade to Premium it wont cost me anything with what I've saved by listening to the members of this forum. Thanks

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
A dollar each for viaton orings sounds way cheap you better make sure you got the right stuff there, and you better get extra.

Premium Features