• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dial-A-Dome heads

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I bought Fluoroelastomer, I got 6 of each size and it was right at 20 bucks, considerably less than what psi wants. And I didn't have to give Bruce a card number.

Dec 1, 2007
The ones up inside the head don't see the heat like the one around the bore itself, so it really isn't that big of a deal if they're viton or not. If you do need some viton o-rings, you can have your local hydraulic shop measure them and get them or mc master carr has just about every o-ring you can imagine if you know the sizes you need.

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
The o-rings I bought are rated to 400 degrees so they shoulf be fine. I also ordered viton for the outer water jacket and compression ring. I got off a lot cheaper than dealing with PSI. I got them from McMaster-Carr, received in four business days, unheard of here in the sticks.

E
Oct 8, 2008
Hey guys, just stumbled across this post. Does this mean I should steer clear of the Dial a Dome head? I liked the idea of being able to adjust the squish as my riding typically consists of either 2-3000 feet or 5-7000 feet.

I have been toying with the idea of a RK Tek 827 Big Bore as well.....

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I got mine back together today and they adjust relatively easy. I checked the compression and it went from 140 to 175 psi. I settled on 150 and I mixed 32 oz's of torco accelerator with 10 gallons of 91 oct ethanol free gas. Race fuel is 150 miles away so I'll try this stuff. The concept of adjustable compression is a cool idea but from what I gather leakage is common place if the domes are moved frequently. The o-rings are easily replaced if in fact the threads don't lock up like mine did. I let them soak in pb blaster over night and when they broke loose they came apart easily.

B
Nov 30, 2007
i just bought a psi motor, i know tghe stories..... im leaking antifreeze out of the top of the dial a dome.... whats the process for rebuild? anmd anyone have orings they want to sell

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Need fresh O rings.
Sometimes they pinch when you adjust them the wrong way.

Premium Features