• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Darcy's 13' Project Build: Lightweight meets Durable

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
The A arms in the picture above are diamonde s ones not stock notice the heim joint, no two piece or glue..... Just makes that crash hurt a little more!$$ thank god for sponsors! I wanna ride this sled!!!!!!

Upon closer [amature] inspection, these sure look a lot like the stockers to me... Looks like other posts on SW where the bottom lug separated from the front tube on the lower a-arm :face-icon-small-con

Referring to the pics in post 39 with the above comments. Maybe I'm reading this wrong. It sounded like you stated the damage wasn't to stock Poo arms?? Just trying to clarify here.

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Upon closer [amature] inspection, these sure look a lot like the stockers to me... Looks like other posts on SW where the bottom lug separated from the front tube on the lower a-arm :face-icon-small-con

Referring to the pics in post 39 with the above comments. Maybe I'm reading this wrong. It sounded like you stated the damage wasn't to stock Poo arms?? Just trying to clarify here.

Stock poo arm ripped out, no doubt.

But that whole 5mph crash that supposedly took out the bulkhead on the proclimb??? :face-icon-small-con

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
Stock poo arm ripped out, no doubt.

But that whole 5mph crash that supposedly took out the bulkhead on the proclimb??? :face-icon-small-con

Hahaha Sorry it's true Norway. If you want to ask sky pinnik (guy on the pro) or Tyler Lambert (kid on the proclimb that had to put in an insurance claim) they can both be found on facebook. Or you can ask phil yribar, he watched it all go down too :)

Hey sorry everyone for not updating this thread for a while. My sled has been done and I haven't had enough time to think between working, filming, and absolutely loving riding this thing. TI a-arms were gone for a bit because I rushed Scott at diamond-s and he accidentally sent me ones with the lower bolt hole for the larger 2012 bolt. No biggie but I am now like every other sponsored rider and am at the back of the line behind full price paying customers.

Just so everyone is aware these were the stock a-arms the I just wrecked. I have to tip my hat to Polaris on this one. They couldn't have been engineered any better. Two days before I'm hitting a 125+ foot kicker without a hitch, then I peg into a tree doing about 20-25 mph and the tear clean off with no damage to any other part of the sled. Truly a great design here!

As far as the sled goes (w/ TI arms), she weighed in on a staker parsons garden scale at 397 lbs. The scale only goes to whole pound increments and although I though she would be lighter I did add several things that were heavier to begin with just for the sake of plushness and durability. The sled also had some coolant in the block, a little bit of oil in the tank/lines, and full brake fluid. All in all, stoked on sub 400 and more durable than stock!!

Here's some pics of me having a good time riding her :)))) By the way, the SLP stage 3 kit is an eye opener. Every person with a stock sled that rides this thing is blown away at the wild throttle response. For power on a buget (ie you cant pony up for a turbo or carls 900) this is absolutely the way to go!!! Also theres no way this sled would be anything without the Timbersled skid. I am completely sold on this thing. While in McCall I came to a spot littered with fellow pro riders stuck every which way, after not being able to make it on 2 attempts, I remembered to turn the knob in and it would keep my front end down...bingo!!!! first try after that I made it thru that section as well as the next section and made some 155's pretty jealous :)

IMG_1151_zps4ac34207.jpg

IMG_1142_zpse66ae04e.jpg

IMG_1146_zps95a0cdd5.jpg

286870_556487617714598_513338854_o_zps49bdbce6.jpg

465439_4196130817408_1543409247_o_zps73774c2f.jpg

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
That last pic is impressive! If you were there [McCall] on Friday 11th we saw you bust some big jumps just coming through the trees with your posse. We were cooling off after enjoying all that fresh untracked powder up above the reservoir. You timed that trip well. Pretty sweet riding day!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Darcy's 13' Project Build: Lightweight meets ... TREE!!

I had to... Bwaaaa ha ha...

Darcy... you and the new gang of riders like Jay, Phil etc are really stepping it up.

If I won the lottery... I'd pay for all you young guns to go to Burandts for a month... then we'll see who can "hang".

Please keep us posted on your progress and mods!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Stephen why did you take the Titanium arms off of it? Still working on the final fit and finish with the Fox Shocks?

L

Lambert454

May 1, 2009
mcCall, Idaho
Hahaha Sorry it's true Norway. If you want to ask sky pinnik (guy on the pro) or Tyler Lambert (kid on the proclimb that had to put in an insurance claim) they can both be found on facebook. Or you can ask phil yribar, he watched it all go down too :)

picture.php

Sad but true. Head to head and my proclimb lost. 4800$ in damage

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Stephen why did you take the Titanium arms off of it? Still working on the final fit and finish with the Fox Shocks?

He said that the lower shock bolt diameter on the arms was the wrong size, 2012 they were 10 mm 2013 is 8 mm that's why they were not used yet.

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
He said that the lower shock bolt diameter on the arms was the wrong size, 2012 they were 10 mm 2013 is 8 mm that's why they were not used yet.
Seems like an easy fix. Wouldnt it work to just drill out the shock eye bushings or use bushings on the shock mount attachments on the a arms?

Premium Features