• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutting Outer edge off ski?? anyone?

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Well I cut a set of stock skis off of a 2008 skidoo xp and tried it this weekend. It does work but I think Im going to sell them and get a pair of simmons. Its a good mod and easy to do. Skis will be for sale.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
image.jpg
This is the cut I did on the grippers for my prolite. Unfortunately, never rode it without the cut, so can't say much about improvement. I did weigh the pieces I cut off and both sides = 1/2lb. Not bad for a 20 min. Free mod. The grippers cut like this still give WAY more floatation than the stock a/c skis!!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
So I ran a set of cut Powder Pros on my 900 RMK and thought they helped a lot, I then swapped them to my M when I parted out my 900 .... so I couldn't compare non-cut with cut on the M chassis .

What are everyone's thought on doing this on a set of Powder Pros on a Pro chassis? It almost seems to me like on that chassis you wouldn't want to cut them so you'd take advantage of the responsiveness....

Any thoughts on that?

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a set off of a 2010 xp that are cut, make offer. I put them on my wifes xp and they do work but she felt that they were too unpredictable when side hilling.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I didn't care for them cut. Seemed unpredictable in some conditions.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
I run two identical 14 cats both with powder pro skis. I have the Carl's cut done on the one set and I can't say I notice a difference between the two

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I did the Carl's cut on my Gen 3 Simmons skis on m Turbo Nytro 174" and I found it helped quite a bit for side hilling. Personal preference of course.

Premium Features