• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom 6 door 2002/2008 Ford 7.3L diesel..

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I am posting this truck for a friend of mine. After many successful trips to the mountain in it, I can vouch for this truck and the least I can do is put the ad up. If interested feel free to ask any questions.

THE HISTORY BEHIND IT ALL-

This truck project was built and completed in 2008. Starting life in 2002 as an automatic, crew cab, long box model with the tried and tested 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel engine, this truck had no idea what was in-store for it.

When I acquired the truck, it was the perfect candidate for my project. It had all the right qualities including box damage as well as some some grill damage from going into the ditch, not to worry as these components were NOT going to remain on the truck anyhow.

Upon my taking possession of "black beauty" it had zero frame damage, none, zilch, zip and the frame has not been modified in any way for this transformation, it's as strong as the day it left the factory.

My initial goals were to create a crew cab/ super cab made for the mountains that has the appearance of a model year 2008-10 Ford Super Duty and that's exactly how it turned out. The build is super clean and appears factory, in fact the rear doors work exactly like they would on any run of the mill super cab model! If desired you can still bolt the third row seat in place although I found it made more sense to put all the riding gear there (still plenty of room for six people inside).

Let's talk about the rear end on black beauty (keep your mind out of the gutter). Using electric actuators the rear box slides open from stock width (ok really keep your mind out of the gutter) to accommodate 2 full width sleds or Atv's. The ramp slides underneath the deck for quick and easy storage. When unloaded a simple push of a button returns the truck box to stock width.

In between the frame rails their is a huge drawer that opens from the bumper area (approx 5' long) that you can easily store 4+ full size bins for storage.

THE GOODS-

** Only 145000 kms on this 7.3 powerstroke

**Custom extreme duty front bumper with winch. The winch can be quickly removed and plugged into the back receiver (all wired and ready). Very trick and perfect if you find yourself needing to pull from the rear!

** Custom box, ramp, headache rack and 6 door conversion

**Piaa in bumper spotlights

** 6" BDS lift

** 20" Procomp wheels

** 4" exhaust with dual tail pipes

** Hypertext 70hp tuner plus transmission shift points are tuned for bigger tires

** Elaborate custom 7000$ entertainment system consisting of the following:
- In dash top of the line pioneer unit. Nav/DVD/XM satellite and iPod plug
- Rear DVD player (can play in sync or separate from front unit)
- JL audio amp
- 12 speakers including 2- 12" subs
- Wireless headphones system (3 units)

**Remote command start

** Fender flares

THE GRIPES:

** 7.3 uses the power steering for the brakes, at idle with brakes on steering effort is increased
** ICBC rebuild declaration. Thoroughly inspected and passed AFTER THE CONVERSION:)
** Tires are coming up for replacement
** Occasional hard start on real cold days

THE SUMMARY:

From 2008-2013 this truck has had one duty and one duty only. That was to take me to the mountains every weekend from December to April. Being that it's a trusty 7.3, without fail it's got me home every time. I haven't added it all up but I'm way over 50k into this not including the truck.

As my kids grown up and my passenger volume shrinks, it's time for me to slide into something smaller.

This truck has paid its dues, no it's no longer in perfect shape but it's unique, damn functional and always the talk of the parking lot. Time for this girl to go to a new home.

25k CDN FIRM

The truck is currently located in Victoria BC.

image.jpg

Premium Features