• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Kits

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Been a Doo guy for last several years now getting an 08 Nytro. I dont know who sells good MOUNTAIN clutch kits or if there even is any. Anyways looking to clutch the 08 Nytro so would appreciate advice on Clutch setups or just a good ol place to buy a kit.

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
As my friends with Yama said welcome to the dark side

What did the kit consist of seano, what elevation you ride at. I just came over from cat and will be looking for a MTX set up for 2000' and 7 to 8000' . Great info on here but hard to search clutch on here just about every thread has clutch in it.

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Hartman Kit

I sold my kit start of this year to a buddy (went turbo last year).. From what I can remember he uses Yamaha clutch parts but changes almost everything. Different ramps, springs, rollers, helix the works... His kit used way less primary weight but pulled much better.. I had a buddy that tried to copy it and never could figure out the helix.. He spent lots of $$$ on custom helixes and never got it right. Finally he broke down and ordered a kit from Tom... Money well spent.. While you got your wallet out go to the Camoplast extreme track... Best two mods you can do to that sled without breaking the bank...

K

khk

Dec 3, 2007
Underwood WA
I have run Hartman's clutch kits on 3 different sled and all worked awesome it's not one size fits all he needs your altitude,rider weight,and what sled it is and he will fix you up Tom is a great guy to talk to. if he does not answer leave a message and he will always call you back. He used Polaris waits on my sled with 14.5 rollers Yamaha springs and a custom cut helix

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I'll third or fourth that motion for Mr. Hartman. His clutching rocks!! The kit comes with weights ( and rivets ), rollers, primary spring, helix and secondary spring. He will also reccomend gearing changes. He will set it up for how much you weigh, what elevation you ride at and what type of riding you do, as well as, any mods you have done to your sled.

Pretty much everything in the kit is off-the-shelf Yamaha parts, but not the helix. Tom put a lot of work into this set up and has to keep some of his secrets. :eek: No sharing allowed! :D

Y

Yamamauler

Nov 27, 2007
Maple Valley, WA
www.FTXMOTORSPORTS.com
Hartman Rocks, 3 sleds all with kits from him. After putting his set up on 2 of the sleds I started messing with things to see if I could make any improvments - waste of my time. I ended up back to his set-up and couldnt be happier.

Y

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Thanks

Great to hear the input guys, the 2.5 x 156 camo extreme is first on my list of up grades. Think i'll pull the mav new and try to get a couple bucks out of it, not sure on 15 or mod drop bracket and go 16 wide. Sounds like Hartman could fix me up with a couple clutch kits. Anybody run a heel clicker dragnfly set up for comparison, or experience with Aaen. As for exhaust that Excell or Aaen looks good. Thanks again we all know this get a bit pricey to go experimenting without some research. Bring home the new 09 in a month or so.

Premium Features