• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clicking when engaging clutch m8 ltd es 2014

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
the rollers are good, I changed the weights, changed the 2 o-ring seals tightened to the right torque, the weights open with a very slight hold, could this be the problem, yet the tightening is at the right torque

R
I have an '14 HCR Proclimb and I have never had this problem. Not sure what your buddy would think that the clicking would be in the secondary. Other than 2 sheeves, a helix and spring, possibly 2 or 3 washers, rollers....there is nothing else. Other than the torx bolts on the back of the inside sheeve...thats it.

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
ok thank you, I'm going to dismantle the masses I think they are too tight, it doesn't move freely enough, my belt is slightly too low on the secondary, I'll see if that changes anything.
I would like to take this opportunity to ask you, I also have an electrical problem, the meter is faulty, the needle was moving on its own, now it is blocked and the kilometers are no longer recorded.
I tested the 14.3v regulator, I checked my connections, could the spectrometer be the cause?
where is it located? if anyone can help me, I am located in France and there is no dealer

Thanks a lot
Commentaires

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The bolts that the primary clutch weights ride on should only be just tight enough to take the side play out. If the nut is tightened down to where it squeezes the o-rings they can click when the weights break free and contact the rollers. The nuts are self-locking so they won't come off. If the nuts don't seem tight enough to stay put this way then replace the nuts with new ones.

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
The bolts that the primary clutch weights ride on should only be just tight enough to take the side play out. If the nut is tightened down to where it squeezes the o-rings they can click when the weights break free and contact the rollers. The nuts are self-locking so they won't come off. If the nuts don't seem tight enough to stay put this way then replace the nuts with new ones.
I tightened the nuts to the torque indicated in the manual, and I find that it serves a little too much, I think that the fault comes from that. my masses are too tight.
Many thanks Boondocker97 for taking the time to help me, it's not easy in France for snowmobiles.

Premium Features