• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric probleme

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
Hi,

I have an electrical problem,
the count needle moved by itself, now it is completely blocked when I drive and the meter has lost 400 kilometers and no longer retains the kilometers, I checked the connections, I tested the 14.3 v regulator, I suspect the speedometer, what did you think?
can you tell me where it is located?
thanks in advance

m8000 ltd es 2014

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
Hi,
I have an electrical problem,
the count needle moved by itself, now it is completely blocked when I drive and the meter has lost 400 kilometers and no longer 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
retains the kilometers, I checked the connections, I tested the 14.3 v regulator, I suspect the speedometer, what did you think?
can you tell me where it is located?
thanks in advance

m8000 ltd es 2014
you may have a sensor problem that is causing the needle to move and stop randomly

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The pickup sensor is on the outside of the lower chain case. Looks like a black strip. The accumulated miles/Km are stored in the gauge itself. Could change the sensor first and see if it helps, but if the display blanked out then lost distance I'm betting it's a problem with the gauge itself.

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
thank you for the explanations, the meter turns on and off normally, it loses 400 kilometers once, the needle was moving, now it is stuck at 0km/h,
I'm going to test the pickup sensor, do we call it speedometer?

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
The pickup sensor is on the outside of the lower chain case. Looks like a black strip. The accumulated miles/Km are stored in the gauge itself. Could change the sensor first and see if it helps, but if the display blanked out then lost distance I'm betting it's a problem with the gauge itself.
can the gauge be replaced? is it stuck in the chaincase?
THANK YOU

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The gauge that I'm referring to is the one that sits up on the hood with the needle that you call the meter. This is also the part that would be called a speedometer. It can be replaced, but they aren't cheap.

The only part that is inside the chain case is a rubber plug on the end of the driveshaft that has two magnets in it. That is what the pickup sensor reads when the driveshaft spins. So nothing in there to replace unless that fell out of the end of the shaft. That would cause the needle on the meter to stop reading, but wouldn't account for it losing distance on the meter.

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
The gauge that I'm referring to is the one that sits up on the hood with the needle that you call the meter. This is also the part that would be called a speedometer. It can be replaced, but they aren't cheap.

The only part that is inside the chain case is a rubber plug on the end of the driveshaft that has two magnets in it. That is what the pickup sensor reads when the driveshaft spins. So nothing in there to replace unless that fell out of the end of the shaft. That would cause the needle on the meter to stop reading, but wouldn't account for it losing distance on the meter.
ok, so the meter is messing up,
but when I but the needle in RPM the needle is working, so I think it's the speed sensor, it's the one that's on the chain case, is that it?

L
Dec 5, 2022
france

ok but the needle works when I put the RPM mode on the needle, but the altimeter blocked the altitude at 4100 so we come back to the speedometer, I'm going to test the speed sensor anyway. for the speedometer it's is expensive I'm going to take it apart to see if a component is dead

Premium Features