• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chrome Moly Stuff???

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
OK just want input before we dive into something.

We are working on a rear bumper set up for the Yanaha's now, I would also like some input on suspension parts.

What are your thoughts on chrome moly front arms and skid arms.

Currently we are doing for the Cats, they are nickel plated (looks like chrome) and the lose 8 lbs on the M Series.

Not sure on the Yamahas yet, as far as weight. If there is some interest I will move forward with some prototypes.

Please assist with some input?

Mike
BDX

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I'd love to see some more chrome moly arms out there for the nytro. T sled is the only one who has tehm

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
It would be nice to have a set that was built to reflect the new geometry of the 2009 trail sleds which is supposed to improve handling. I could also see a benefit of an adjustable upper ball joint so that camber could be changed. Some people have machined the upper ball joints to reduce camber. I have not seen the Timbersled kit, but I think the geometery is different than stock. Timbersled provides new spindles, but I wonder if you could just use the stock ones. You would probably still get 80 or 90% of the weight savings.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I'd love to see some more chrome moly arms out there for the nytro. T sled is the only one who has tehm

Don't forget fabcraft and zbroz............ eventually.

It would be best to make a new spindle to get rid of the stock junk bearing.....

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I am a Timbersled fan, however I feel the asthetics of their spindels leave a bit to be desired... so I am holding off.

P.S. This is a mod I am VERY interested in, and I can be a VERY GOOD guinea pig.... HINT, HINT!!!!:D:D:D:D

Premium Features