• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chip for nytro question

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
The resistor should have a color code on it. If you need help reading this let me know. id86

resistor-color-code-all2.gif

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
Also are you running an AF gauge? those chips seem kinda shady. I personally wouldn't trust one on my 2,000+ dollar motor. Thanks id86

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
I never did look at the name of the chip. was told it was $50 on ebay.
the chip is not going to wreck your motor. pretty sure it just tricks the motor into putting more fuel into the cylinders, because it thinks the air going into the airbox is colder.
does anyone know what resistors are in the chips? or do i have to take a chip apart?

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I never did look at the name of the chip. was told it was $50 on ebay.
the chip is not going to wreck your motor. pretty sure it just tricks the motor into putting more fuel into the cylinders, because it thinks the air going into the airbox is colder.
does anyone know what resistors are in the chips? or do i have to take a chip apart?
Are you sure it doesn't "trick" you motor into putting LESS gas into the motor? If you are not 100% sure i would suggest you run an A\F gauge. Remember if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. $50 for 15 -20 more HP is IMO to good to be true. I'm not Bashing, I'm just saying be careful. id86

Premium Features