• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check Engine Light on 2008 Summit Everest???

M
Aug 29, 2011
I just bought a 2008 Summit Everest 800 154 and I brought it to the gas station and topped it off with Non-Oxy premium fuel just to get fuel in the system. Later that nite ran a few really quick runs across the yard to have a lil summer fun. Shut it off with no over heated lights or warning lights on and a few hours later I went to pull it in the shop and the check engine light was on. The light only stays on when the sled is idling below 2000rpm's and it beeps four quick times. As soon as I rev it up a lil the light goes out and it runs fine. If it goes back to idle the light will re-appear. And same thing rev it up and it goes away and won't come on above 2000 rpm's. Any ideas what might have caused this to come on in the first place and also is the light supposed to remain on like a regular check engine in a vehicle. Seems fishy to me that it comes and goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Its got the obvious... oil, fuel, coolant and no other lights come on.

M
Aug 29, 2011
I checked that... have had it off several times... wouldn't the sled be limited to under 3000 rpm's if the tether was not working correctly? What would you suggest cleaning the tether with?

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Yep, and you would get 3 beeps not 4 like you are getting. I just checked my 07 manual, nothing listed for a solid CEL and 4 short beeps. I don't know how different from the 08 it is. So the CEL goes out above 2K rpms and the beeping quits?

What RPM is it idling at?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Sometimes if the idle drops down too low it will "reset" the system as if it was just started.....if that makes sense. When this happens it should only beep twice though. Those tethers can be very sensitive so play with it and make sure it fits snug. See if it still happens when the sled is cold.

M
Aug 29, 2011
The sled idles between 1800 and 2000 when its cold and thats when the light has been coming on... I don't run it long in the summer to test much cause of the temp... but ya as soon as I rev it up anything above idle the light goes out... it only beeps 4 times then doesn't beep again til the light goes off and re-appears... I have played with the tether and seems to not have any effect... Do the check engine lights stay on if there is a legit code or do the shut off??? because a vehicle CEL stays on and in memory... Seems weird my light is going on and off so many times...

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Hate to say it but, might be dealer time. If it does it all the time like you say, when they hook it up should be able to go right to the problem.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
could be anything man these sleds are fussy with all the sensors I cant remember but I believe when my knock sensor was going off it was 4 beeps so it could be a bad knock sensor, try taking it off the motor and just holding it in the air with the sled running see if that helps

R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB
Sticky Rave Valves

Sounds to me like the rave valves may be sticky from dried over oiling???

I think the ECM will flash a code if the raves dont cycle correctly?/?

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
any luck with this I would like to know, I had rave issues before and never got any codes but it wasnt sticking due to over oiling one of the solenoid pressure/ vacuum lines was pinched.

M
Aug 29, 2011
Just the other day when it was cooler out I started the sled up after playing with the tether and really pushing it on tight. I let it run for a good 10 min and then I took it for a few runs up and down the yard. The check engine did not come on at all while I had it running. I will have to wait a couple more days and try to get it to come back on... So far maybe it was just the tether! But if not I will check the knock sensor and pull the raves out and inspect them. I'll let u know what I find out the prob to be. Thanks for all the suggestions!

H
Dec 10, 2010
Breckenridge CO
SO WHAT WAS It

This is an older thread an was hoping for an answer to you issue.
I have been chasing the same problem down for months and every time I think I have it ...... NO SUCH LUCK!

what did you end up replacing or finding?????????

B
Sep 23, 2015
I hate to bring a thread back from the dead but this is the only one that Google returned that had my exact problem. Everything is exactly the same. Sled and symptoms same as op. Is this member still around. I would really like to know if he found the problem. My sled is doing the exact same thing

Premium Features