• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing to the 2.6 PC on a 2011 m8

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
Everybody has had a little different experience I think. I have an 09' M8 and it slid right in there. Obviously it took some work. I took the DD off and slid the drive shaft just enough to slip the track in. Its tough to do it by yourself but I had another set of helping hands. Good luck!

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
It fits just fine. There is plenty of guys running 3 inch tracks on their turbos without clearance issues.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
When installing the 2.6 on a 2010 M8 163, stock except some venting and SLP can, is it necessary to go to lighter weights in the primary?

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
2.6 pc track

I put one of these on my last month ago. 2010 m8 sno pro. Fits good. No mods needed. 2 guys is a lot easier than one. Took off DD and bolts off brake side. I don't know about Oregon snow but in SD and WY the softer track works much better. I ride with a guy with 2010 HCR and that has a stiffer track. It really trenches in the soft snow. Not as much as a Attack 20 but it really depends on the snow you are riding in what track durometer you want. We got a few feet of snow and I took this sled out with that new track and it really has a ton of traction. Believe all the hype you here about the difference because it is true. Who would believe that going from 2.25 to 2.6 would make that kind of difference. It takes a lot of muscle to pull the old track out and push the new one in. That is why 2 guys are better than 1.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
3 inch may clear for the average trail rider buy any real bump and I think ur sol but 2.6 should fit fine after looking at it!

The 3 inch would not last to long on the trails but for the deep powder they work excellent.
The 3 inch isn't going to hit anything.If it does you have other problems.There are hundred if not thousands of M series running the 3 inch....

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
The 2.6 fits just fine. As mentioned above you may have to lighten your clutch weights a bit on the tip to pull the RPM up high in the powerband.

You may also have to adjust your rear suspension to not transfer quite so much. Mine came back over on top of me three times last year and damn near broke my wrists. I have since tightened the shock on the front of the track and it's much better now. Think of the 2.6 or 3.0" track as a poor man's turbo. You are going to love it!

Premium Features