• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Challenger lite track?

800CatRider

Nov 12, 2009
Cheney, WA
Hey guys,

Just bought an 07 800 summit x, and It has everything dialed in from clutching to the crank, but it still has the challenger lite track. Is it really as bad as everyone says? If it is, is there anyway to modify it and make it more usable or do I just need to pick up the powdermax track next season?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Hey guys,

Just bought an 07 800 summit x, and It has everything dialed in from clutching to the crank, but it still has the challenger lite track. Is it really as bad as everyone says? If it is, is there anyway to modify it and make it more usable or do I just need to pick up the powdermax track next season?

I would ride it first. The 07 XRS my old man had was the most fun sled I've ever ridden. It trenched horribly in powder but worked great the rest of the time. If it 'needs' replacing or you can't keep up w/ your riding buddies because they are simply out climbing and boondocking you because of the track, then I'd go with the Challenger Extreme for sure.

800CatRider

Nov 12, 2009
Cheney, WA
Ya, Ill give it a couple test rides for sure. I dont have the money to go out and buy a new track unless Winter Brew is willing to give me a killer deal on one :face-icon-small-win

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Ya, Ill give it a couple test rides for sure. I dont have the money to go out and buy a new track unless Winter Brew is willing to give me a killer deal on one :face-icon-small-win

Paul should be a good indicator if you guys are riding the same snow.
I know that raising the front arm on the skid, was well as fine-tuning the skid performance for your riding is a HUGE help.
I traded marks with a Powdermax 800R all year long and he kept pouring money into power and more power. Never once touched the suspension settings. I was on a bone-stock XRS.

So with that info, a well set-up Lite can be manageable, however a Pmax or CE will put you that much more further ahead. If you tweak and tune your sled a bit.
You'll also notice your clutching will need some attention with a new track.

haleyeah13

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sheridan, WY
I have the same track it does trench you can do some modifying to it by cutting down the ribs on the lugs about 3/4 of an inch didn't really notice a difference though I am upgrading though to a ce. Question on the challenger extreme tracks was wanting to get the 2.5 lug but does anyone know if it will clear and what drivers will I need. Or is the challenger 2.3 lug a good track too.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have the same track it does trench you can do some modifying to it by cutting down the ribs on the lugs about 3/4 of an inch didn't really notice a difference though I am upgrading though to a ce. Question on the challenger extreme tracks was wanting to get the 2.5 lug but does anyone know if it will clear and what drivers will I need. Or is the challenger 2.3 lug a good track too.

The 2.3 is a direct replacement with the 2.52" pitch. Go to a 2.5 lug and you will have to change drivers too.

A
Oct 21, 2009
Bozeman,MT
there are allot of ups and downs about the lite, in powder it will trench like a mofo, but when its spring riding and you have hard slush, they will almost scare you on how well they grab traction

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
there are allot of ups and downs about the lite, in powder it will trench like a mofo, but when its spring riding and you have hard slush, they will almost scare you on how well they grab traction

This but even in Cascade concrete they trench badly so I would lose it for the Pacific NW as the Challenger works better for 90% of your riding!

Have FUN!

G MAN

S

Sawking

Dec 21, 2008
tracks

I have same sled I was thinking about a powerclaw. I'm running a 154 and will probly run the 2.86 driver with the 3.0 powerclaw. What do you guys think.

Premium Features