• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW 2024 SUMMIT HCE just announced

R
Feb 26, 2008
Well stock sleds are supposed to be availble to consumers and they havent been so yeah they were cheating. Not exactly whining.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Lmao, and to think that some believe that HCE is actually a new sled, well its not. It was released because Cat and Poo whined about doo using it in Pro stock, and had doo disqualified because of it. That parts in that sled were strictly used in mod classes.

That sled was only released for stock class racing! Its not to attract new racers, the suspension is not new, its been used for years, the shocks are not new, also used for years, the decals are. I could buy this sled from the race dept but without warranty.
Im willing to bet money that the Race flash will not be in the ecm of the sled tho.

Doo dominates in snow cross, it was very evident this last season. Maybe Doo is finally getting serious about the hillclimb circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You said it yourself that Doo got disqualified by breaking the rules so why would a Pro rider want to ride Doo and suffer the same fate? Now Doo is following the rules they might have a better chance of attracting better riders. Not a new sled but newly accepted sled.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
You said it yourself that Doo got disqualified by breaking the rules so why would a Pro rider want to ride Doo and suffer the same fate? Now Doo is following the rules they might have a better chance of attracting better riders. Not a new sled but newly accepted sled.

Because they still made it work on rental and borrowed sleds at Jackson. The riders didn’t change, they made it work.
The other manufacturers must of got nervous with a Doo suspension that had tweaks, not like its aftermarket full suspension like the mod sleds that poo uses.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I guess we will see in 2024, no more whining and no more excuses for losing. Let the best sled/rider combo win. If the sleds are now more equal we should no longer see one manufacture dominate as each brand has several different riders in many classes.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They got caught trying to cheat. Two kinds of people, cheaters and losers, when it comes to competitive sports. Still not going to beat Keith curtis. Mathews and mentaberry get something in on him once in a while but not very often.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Cheating is when your hiding something.

That suspension was visible and Doo used it most of the season. It’s available to consumers, its not a aftermarket suspension the the ez ride polaris uses.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If they weren't or doing something they weren't supposed to, why did they get shut down? Polaris isn’t using ez ryde in stock classes. Add on, even though they make it, is different than what they come with stock.

R
Feb 26, 2008
Cheating is when your hiding something.

That suspension was visible and Doo used it most of the season. It’s available to consumers, its not a aftermarket suspension the the ez ride polaris uses.

Just because its available at all doesnt mean its legal for stock class.
Its literally the equivalent of an aftermarket skid.
No one uses ez ryde anymore, its all about the glyde in the open class(where you can change skids).

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Just because its available at all doesnt mean its legal for stock class.
Its literally the equivalent of an aftermarket skid.
No one uses ez ryde anymore, its all about the glyde in the open class(where you can change skids).
All about the glyde...how many top guys running it ? Real question.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Ski-Doo didn’t build enough HCE sleds to allow them to compete in the stock classes.
True the suspension has been ran in the mod classes for a few years.
RMSHA runs under ISR Rules. BRP did not comply and ISR ruled accordingly.
If they were allowed to run with their small build, could you imagine what kind of response other manufactures would build? Stock classes would turn into a factory rider mod class. John Q could not compete with a consumer sled.
Great call on ISRs part.
Look at the big picture.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
They got caught trying to cheat. Two kinds of people, cheaters and losers, when it comes to competitive sports. Still not going to beat Keith curtis. Mathews and mentaberry get something in on him once in a while but not very often.
Right. A little birdie told me that once the Ski-Doo ruling came down there was a stink raised about P85s being used on sleds that came with P22s. Clutch pullers came out though before the inspector could make the rounds!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Right. A little birdie told me that once the Ski-Doo ruling came down there was a stink raised about P85s being used on sleds that came with P22s. Clutch pullers came out though before the inspector could make the rounds!
If that is true, that is good. Nobody should be cheating. I don't think the P22 hurt the Polaris team's final results. ?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The race teams, in stock classes, stayed with the P22 as they were directed by the race dept personnel.
Improvers and Mods mostly went to the P85 as ISR rules allow.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
So after reading this thread, I come to the conclusion that a stock ski Doo is not good at Hill climbing???

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Not everyone enjoys a sled that does Instagram wheelies. Stock rear suspension has way to much transfer, and the shocks need to be recalibrated and resprung but some will complain that the suspension is too stiff. It’s a personal preference.
Doo did a good thing eliminating the tmotion this year.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Not everyone enjoys a sled that does Instagram wheelies. Stock rear suspension has way to much transfer, and the shocks need to be recalibrated and resprung but some will complain that the suspension is too stiff. It’s a personal preference.
Doo did a good thing eliminating the tmotion this year.

G5’s are so fun to ride. I’m not much of a meadow rider or a wide open hill rider but my 165 turbo would flip over on a dime with minimal effort which is a very useful trick when a tree line closes out. You should really ride a g5 for 10 rides before doing any work. I got 50 rides in and I know what needs done now for my 24.

Premium Features