• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carb & RAVE question - 07 Rev 800r 151

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I went to adjust my carbs for the trygstad head. I pulled the carbs (what a pita so many hoses) then, then was able to change the pilot jets. Unfortunately I could not shim the needles as the Phillips screws on the top of the carbs stripped before they would break loose. I could have forced them out with vice grips but didn't have replacement screws on hand so I left them in. I will eventually replace these with Hex, or Allen bolts.. Phillips.. what a stupid idea.

But with that said when removing the carbs I noticed on one of the R.A.V.E solinodes I was missing a hose, and I can't for the life of me find a hose that isn't plugged in. Are all nipples on both solinodes supposed to be filled, or is there supposed to be one nipple without a hose. The diagram I've found doesn't show one...but that doesn't mean much as it may not show it.

Here is the diagram the green checks are the ones I have hooked up, the Red X is the ones that is missing.

120589666.jpg

Thanks for your time
-Brahm

F
Dec 1, 2007
I just pulled my 07 apart as well, and had no hose connected to that nipple either. I believe that nipple is ambient.

Last edited:
B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
yes the diagram is 100 percent right. one of the valve solenoids does not have a hose

Premium Features