• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can it be done- 400lb PC (crate weight)

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
So this has nothing todo with losing weight off the sled but!!!.........maybe!! just maybe!!! there is a chance we can.....just a chance!!!! (a small chance) its cheaper to lose o idk 40-60 pounds off of us!
face-icon-small-happy.gif
face-icon-small-tongue.gif

No sir!!

Everyone on this forum is obviously the pinnacle of fitness, in the best shape of their lives!!! Just ask or keep
Reading and they will tell you!

I think a "few" have egos that weigh a chit ton, if they could whittle that down they would really be onto something.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Just about anything is possible with an unlimited budget. Sub-400lb, yes, but it will cost you. For the reasonable budget I think the things mentioned will get you close, hood with headlight delete, belt drive, pipe and can are the major weight loss centers. Then the some weight loss A-arms, rear suspension, seat and tank. Since the new seat/tank combo I don't think much weight loss is there. I don't think there is much weight loss in the a-arms either unless you go Ti. I may go weigh all the stock parts today just to get a solid reference. I was thinking of doing a weight weight sled this year. Rode a stock chassis last year with a RKT925 and a 3" and it was awesome. This year thinking a 410lb stock motor with a 3" might be fun.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
No weight loss for me, in fact when season starts I'll wind up gaining weight.

Kilwippy I directly stated in op what I was looking for so when you provide any kind of useful information instead of weak azz attacks to protect yourself that would be great. :)

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
No weight loss for me, in fact when season starts I'll wind up gaining weight.

Kilwippy I directly stated in op what I was looking for so when you provide any kind of useful information instead of weak azz attacks to protect yourself that would be great. :)

Maybe you should hit killheeekeee up for some life coaching!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lol,

For me, being 6'6" at 194lb is the lightest I've been since I was 16, once I start riding I'll prob go back up to 210+ just in muscle gain. No way for me to lose weight personally.

K
Dec 12, 2010
We can compare the Proclimb to an Axys all day long, but the fact of the matter is, I have personally towed out three Pro's (2 2013's, and a 2014) with blown engines in one year all under 1000mi, Polaris engines dont seem to care when they let go. One of my best friends is a mechanic for a well renowned Polaris dealer up here in BC, and he rides a 2011 M8. Its awesome you guys are talking about a 410lb Proclimb, but the reality is that a lot of us cant even come close to spending that kind of money on our sleds, all to keep up with the Jones'. If you like the Axys so much, buy one, and instead of throwing a **** ton of money trying to make your Proclimb lighter, put that money into a bank account and buy a new engine for the Axys when it blows.

In the words of my buddy ..... "If you want a sled you dont have to worry about and just ride, buy a Skud or a Cat. Polaris may make the best "performer" but I wouldnt trust it to get me home no matter how little miles are on it". The Axys is taking a ****ty engine, adding much more un-needed technology that will ultimately make the sled that much more expensive to fix.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Wyoboy is a door to door vacuum salesman. #1 in sales three years in a row now.

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
I got my proclimb down to 502lbs full of fuel extra clutch and drive belts, tools,and extra gloves.there is room to lose some more in the coilover shocks.anymore and I would feel like I'm compromising reliability.i have a lot of money tied up in carbon fiber on this 12.is it more than I would have lost getting a new one every year?its close.can you achieve 400lbs dry,i think so.

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
A 400lb proclimb would be nice, but the cost is just too much that you wont ever recoup. Parts go for 1/2 when you sell them. Yeah if I had boat loads of money to blow Id be all over it. I put a can on mine, pull the foam and idlers, and just ride it. Just like the past 2 yrs. Possibly a hood but still dont like whats out there. If I want to ride a light sled Ill just get on my axys. My 16 PC is still only around 20 lbs heavier than my stock axys. I can live with that.

C
Where do you find the tank?

That TI pipe is interesting but I don't trust BMP for performance, questioning that still but really like the 9lb loss, might be worth a try.

But even with the bolt kit and shafts is getting close to the 400lb mark for sure.

it not bmp , it the new speed SSI shop that affiliated bdx so it from bdx
not sure about all the waggle on the pipe but might work .

stupid question but what sky runner you guys running ? steal runner hare heavy .

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
A 400lb proclimb would be nice, but the cost is just too much that you wont ever recoup. Parts go for 1/2 when you sell them. Yeah if I had boat loads of money to blow Id be all over it. I put a can on mine, pull the foam and idlers, and just ride it. Just like the past 2 yrs. Possibly a hood but still dont like whats out there. If I want to ride a light sled Ill just get on my axys. My 16 PC is still only around 20 lbs heavier than my stock axys. I can live with that.

Very well said!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND

Very well said. The Cat guys are working with a 15 lb penalty just with the difference in motors. The weight loss areas have been the same since 2012. This is nothing new. I wish I was as fantastic of a rider as some and could tell the handling difference in 20 lbs but I can't. Just run 3 gallons less fuel when you start riding.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I think it's great that we can get the weight down. But I will take a twenty pound heavier proclimb over my Polaris because I know it won't fold up like tinfoil when you hit something.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I think it's great that we can get the weight down. But I will take a twenty pound heavier proclimb over my Polaris because I know it won't fold up like tinfoil when you hit something.

I own both.

The Polaris has a tuffer, more ridged front end. The only strength benefit the cat has over the Polaris is the tunnel. Cats entire pressed Tin front end is cheesy compared to all the cast and glued pieces on the pro.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007

That would be great but it ain't twenty pounds, it's 46lbs of difference. And to get to 20 lb difference is going to cost at least 1500.

When you take 30 lbs off a sled you know the difference no matter who you are.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND

Do you have access to a scale to weigh your sleds ready to ride to see the actual difference. You would have no reason to fudge the numbers. Would be interesting.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just ordered one. Roughneck 1100lb digital for $100 shipped. Still need to get my skinny boards on before I weigh them though

Last edited:
Premium Features