• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 T-Stat w/Heated bar, PST Blanket. The bike runs ICE COLD in deep snow

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I could not figure how to add words to the above posted pictures of my ktm500. I run wrap on the pipe and pipe guard clamped over that so tarp material hasn't melted. I also wrapped my exposed hoses with bubble wrap, I also made a cover for my Riot from the tarp material so no direct snow can kick up on the back of my engine. I fiddle with my bike and make parts for friends all winter, got to keep busy at 74 or the grim reaper may show.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
I could not figure how to add words to the above posted pictures of my ktm500. I run wrap on the pipe and pipe guard clamped over that so tarp material hasn't melted. I also wrapped my exposed hoses with bubble wrap, I also made a cover for my Riot from the tarp material so no direct snow can kick up on the back of my engine. I fiddle with my bike and make parts for friends all winter, got to keep busy at 74 or the grim reaper may show.
Nice and sleek without rads and shrouds

56pdlx

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2013
Edmonton
This is more of a problem with ktm and husqavarna, however it is needed on all bikes to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Follow-up with all of this:

1) Installed the cold weather panel from PST and wrapped it around the bottom of the right rad.
2) adjusted left blanket to better cover the bottom of left rad.
3) Made inserts for the rads out of amazon cutting boards.

At this point, I am running the left rad blocked off fully and temps stay comfortably in the 170 - 190 range in COLD weather and decent snow conditions. In blower powder, I run both rads blocked off and temps stay well above 170. I would add a shut-off valve to the left rad but the C3 Return hose doesn't have enough room. Will leave it as is for now. I also ordered some vinyl fabric from BigDuckCanvas to make a guard for the rear of the motor, but it's still on backorder. https://www.bigduckcanvas.com/vinyl-fabrics/18-oz-61-industrial-fire-retardant-black/.

Fuel consumption has improved, as has power. Time to let it eat!

Premium Features