• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandts free flo front end

A
Jan 11, 2011
Hey guys I ordered a skinz free flo front end for my maytrx I seen a Instagram photo of a bent spindle. Is anyone having durability issues with these spindle. How are people liking them? Not many reviews.

Matryx khoas 850 boost

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I've ran them. Only reason was burandt said they steer a little easier and i have really cranky shoulders. They also lift front about 3/4 of an inch and look cool. Are they going to make any difference in your riding, no. My buddy thought our axys steered easier than his. All i know is it steered a million times easier than my alpha. They are also high clearance so that has to make a difference. I honestly never rode it much. It was my wife's sled. Easier steering was the only thing that appealed to me otherwise the main difference is your wallet.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I've ran them. Only reason was burandt said they steer a little easier and i have really cranky shoulders. They also lift front about 3/4 of an inch and look cool. Are they going to make any difference in your riding, no. My buddy thought our axys steered easier than his. All i know is it steered a million times easier than my alpha. They are also high clearance so that has to make a difference. I honestly never rode it much. It was my wife's sled. Easier steering was the only thing that appealed to me otherwise the main difference is your wallet.
I can't wait until your wife gets smart and divorces you so we don't have to hear about her sled anymore. ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I can't wait until your wife gets smart and divorces you so we don't have to hear about her sled anymore. ?
Yout just mad because her sled run good. Only thing anyone is getting tired of listening to is you whining about my boost sucks. It doesn't run. I don't know how to adjust the shocks. Chris told me the pressure but i can't afford an air pump. My bet is close your mouth when riding and it will rip. If that doesn't work try patting yourself on the back with your left hand instead of your right so you can squeeze the throttle.

Last edited:
R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Hey guys I ordered a skinz free flo front end for my maytrx I seen a Instagram photo of a bent spindle. Is anyone having durability issues with these spindle. How are people liking them? Not many reviews.

Matryx khoas 850 boost
I have been running this full setup on my 17 Axys for 2yrs. 1st off it made an already good sled amazing. The flickability and handling got even better. You think about turning and the sled falls over. For what it did for the 17 Axys is amazing. 2nd the bad part. The first version of this package was weak. I am talking about the spindles. They were too thin in the ball joint area. I bent them at least 4 seperate times. And I am talking about barely tapping a tree or something. They should not have bent for how little the taps were. I worked with both Chris (who is always great to work with) and Skinz dirrectly. I kept putting my bent spindle in my hydraulic press to bend the spindles back straight. Obviously this made them more weak and easier to bend each time. Skinz then came out with a revised spindle beefing them up in the weak ball joint area. This is the part that I was not too stoked about. After then recognizing the flaw, and fixing it on their end, they still had me pay $600 for the new updated stronger spindles. After i already paid the $2100 for the kit.

My 2 cents is, it is a great kit to improve the handling of the sled, but being a business owner myself and having to warranty my own products. You don't make your customer pay for something you recognize as a faulty part. I now have purchased Iceage Elevate Spindles for my 22 Matryx. It should achieve the same performance at a lower price. I would have bought another Free Flow kit most likely but was turned off but the experience.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Yout just mad because her sled run good. Only thing anyone is getting tired of listening to is you whining about my boost sucks. It doesn't run. I don't know how to adjust the shocks. Chris told me the pressure but i can't afford an air pump. My bet is close your mouth when riding and it will rip. If that doesn't work try patting yourself on the back with your left hand instead of your right so you can squeeze the throttle.
I have been running this full setup on my 17 Axys for 2yrs. 1st off it made an already good sled amazing. The flickability and handling got even better. You think about turning and the sled falls over. For what it did for the 17 Axys is amazing. 2nd the bad part. The first version of this package was weak. I am talking about the spindles. They were too thin in the ball joint area. I bent them at least 4 seperate times. And I am talking about barely tapping a tree or something. They should not have bent for how little the taps were. I worked with both Chris (who is always great to work with) and Skinz dirrectly. I kept putting my bent spindle in my hydraulic press to bend the spindles back straight. Obviously this made them more weak and easier to bend each time. Skinz then came out with a revised spindle beefing them up in the weak ball joint area. This is the part that I was not too stoked about. After then recognizing the flaw, and fixing it on their end, they still had me pay $600 for the new updated stronger spindles. After i already paid the $2100 for the kit.

My 2 cents is, it is a great kit to improve the handling of the sled, but being a business owner myself and having to warranty my own products. You don't make your customer pay for something you recognize as a faulty part. I now have purchased Iceage Elevate Spindles for my 22 Matryx. It should achieve the same performance at a lower price. I would have bought another Free Flow kit most likely but was turned off but the experience.
I forgot to add. Once getting the new beefier spindles I have yet to bend them. I even hit a stump under the snow that stopped my sled in its tracks, threw me over the bars onto my back in front of my sled. And my right ski, arms and spindle took the hit. Would have probably broken the first version spindles. It was the kind of hit that should have broken or bent something. But it didn't.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Bent my spindle today aswell, thinking about buying some heavier ones. Which one can you recommend?
The updated react spindles seem to be pretty durable. You should be to find a takeoff set for $150-$200

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Ya, the spindle ain’t getting bent that direction. It’s clearly a bent a arm or tie rod end. Weakest link breaks/bends. Thats the whole point of the alternative impact system. Yes, beefier a arms, but the ends are what take the impact and fail, by design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Lower a-arm. Been here before. Check your shock - once upon a time, the WE's would bend the shaft if the lower end couldn't swivel. Don't know what you're running.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i have never ran them but FYI it also moves the ski center forward as well as down or (higher ground clearence and slightly longer ....wheelbase?) hmm... this has an effect on steering effort not so much on flat ground but more so on one ski off camber turns ECT. I would say, that if i had someone's credit card and could spend whatever buy whatever i would get some alternative impact a arms and ice age spindles... probably what you will see on my boost in the future i would assume? second might be that set up but it can be achieved with other parts. pics for context. not trying to not...sell more sleds for polaris. but also new geometry can be applied to old dogs. Now that doesn't make it a new dog just an older one with new tricks. Either way

EDIT- id be VERY surprised to see a bent or broken spindle such as the free flow, or others made of 6061 (iirc most are such as CMX, alt impacts new spindle, ect) or the spindles in my pic on my sled from zbroz... which are 7075 iirc. This is a VERY dense and hard material with room for lightening and then some honestly, as they have so much leverage on your a arms and bulk head, it would be hard to do without totaling the sled IMO... in saying that, thats why the new polaris front end uses FORGED spindles.... not for looks!

271167732_304592098273436_441198619776501534_n.jpg 271434983_704070160591732_7999597860180210193_n.jpg

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is the mountain side products spindle the same as the alt impact one? Because I bent one. They replaced it no questions asked. Great people to buy from. And plan to again. Said i was the first one to do it. I also rode the rest of the season on the same 20211019_125801.jpg20211019_125822.jpgarms. They were barely tweaked.

Premium Features