• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BR TECH or MOUNTAIN FIT HOODS

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I have been looking into both of these myself. I am not sure if I can use my oem lights or hinges on the Mountain fit. I can on the BR. That is impotant where I ride on the east coast. It is dark when we start heading for the trucks usually and I haven't seen aftermarket lights that look decent.

1100Cat

Nov 29, 2007
Have BR Tech and Mountainfit hoods on personal sleds,am now a dealer for mountainfithoods so you can figure which one I would recommend. Give me pm if you need help or contact Bill/www.mountainfithoods.net.

I

Ihntdux

Nov 27, 2008
Bozeman
I run a br tech and it is unbreakable for sure. Fits decent but when it gets warm it does what it wants to do. Other than than I love. Just my 2 cents

G
Jan 29, 2009
Walla Walla, Washington
Do the mountain fit hoods break easyer as backcountry says in another thread. I broke my hood on the last ride and cannot afford a factory hood. I live close to the mountain fit hood place so could pick up a hood and save shipping but if they break to easy I may just go br tech. anyone have a stock hood they will sell. Thank you

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
As with almost all snowmobile products the old addage is true on hoods "You get what you pay for"

BRtech makes an awesome, durable hood with an excellent fit and finish. I think their Black Lexan and Smoke Finishes are tops in the industry.

I have also used the clear polycarb hood from SnoStuff and really liked that one as well.

SnoStuff or BRtech, both durable and high quality.

If you want cheap go MountainFit, I am sure they work functionaly as well

John

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Do the mountain fit hoods break easyer as backcountry says in another thread. I broke my hood on the last ride and cannot afford a factory hood. I live close to the mountain fit hood place so could pick up a hood and save shipping but if they break to easy I may just go br tech. anyone have a stock hood they will sell. Thank you

Just for the record, I don't think I sad they break easy, but I tend to roll my sled to get it unstuck pretty often & the mtnfit hood is very soft, so it'll hit the pipe & melt. My mod guy has one on his sled & even without rolling it (no twins either) it has melted spots.

I haven't had a br-tech for about 5 years but it seemed more rigid. Cory just sent me a piece of his lexan because I'm thinking about buying another one, we compared the thickness of the brtech, it seemed about 1/3 thicker than the mtnfit.

Whether the mtnfit works for you or not depends on how you ride.

btw, treemagnet 777 is a moron. A straight up 100% idiot. I was 50/50 on buying a BRtech hood till his dumb arse started wagging his useless tongue.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i bought a smoke hood made by BR tech about 2 years ago....and it has seen some serious abuse including rolls, trees, and me flying over the handlebars and doing a face plant on it. it has some cracks but easily fixable....incredibly light and damn durable.

Premium Features