• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boycott List

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
It was brought to my attention that I purchased products from a company who is a known supporter of groups who actively loby for the closure of land use to snowmobilers.

I would like to get a list of Known companies who support land closures to snowmobiler and motorized off road use. I think we will all be surprised.

With this information we can choose to discontinue doing business with these companies, and stop paying into the funds of orginizations that battle against us.

This company was brought to my attention on the important pole thread

The company that was brought to my attention is backcountry.com which is also related to backcountryoutlet.com and tramdock.com

Last edited:
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
A good way to find out which companies sponsor the greenies, is go to there web sites and most of them are right there for everyone to see. Coors beer is a dig one!!

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
North Face gives a lot of money to alot of different greeny organizations. That's why I can't see it when I see sledders wearing their stuff!

I think a lot of companies try to play both sides to keep the greenies off their back, BUT, we should certainly try to boycott them, it would help.

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
Northface sells puffy jackets to flat chested girls, they don't care if we boycott them. Boycotts are a double edged sword, sometimes a nice letter pointing out how much of their stuff we consume and how we feel about their political positions might be better strategy.

I'm a KLIM billboard myself, I get a ration for it, especially the helmet but I'm warm, dry and at peace with where my dollars end up.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Northface sells puffy jackets to flat chested girls, they don't care if we boycott them. Boycotts are a double edged sword, sometimes a nice letter pointing out how much of their stuff we consume and how we feel about their political positions might be better strategy.

I'm a KLIM billboard myself, I get a ration for it, especially the helmet but I'm warm, dry and at peace with where my dollars end up.

I agree revpilot, but we have to start somewhere.

The green movement is no longer an awareness to conserve our wilderness; It is a religion, and they are against our rights. I got bashed for supporting a company that I didn't know, fights against our rights, and by damn the basher was right... We shouldn't be supporting the battle against us.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
IMO it is a catch 22 most all the companies listed also support/organize events for back country awarness. Example : Avalanche classes, basic wildrness first aid, support to Local avalanche forecasts (I know Utah avalanche is supported by these venders), la la la.
It is all about playing the game of kissing butt.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
can we just start with the vendors that advertise and sell their goods HERE on SW first?? My group of friends purchased a few beacons and probes last week from a vendor here on SW, after our purchase I see that the probe we bought is from a company that spent 15,000$ to file stupid unwanted lawsuits against snowmobiles in Yellowstone??
and to you who are going to say "Yellowstone is trails and not worth it" well think about this--if they win here they will be knocking on YOUR door next week, so we need to do every thing we can. The one thing would be to unite against the companys that FUND thes crazies!!!

again I ask?? what about the vendors here that sell us equipment then donate money to these wackos???as it looks like my group donated around 300$ to one these companies and I for one am not very Happy with this purchase now...

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
can we just start with the vendors that advertise and sell their goods HERE on SW first?? My group of friends purchased a few beacons and probes last week from a vendor here on SW, after our purchase I see that the probe we bought is from a company that spent 15,000$ to file stupid unwanted lawsuits against snowmobiles in Yellowstone??
and to you who are going to say "Yellowstone is trails and not worth it" well think about this--if they win here they will be knocking on YOUR door next week, so we need to do every thing we can. The one thing would be to unite against the companys that FUND thes crazies!!!

again I ask?? what about the vendors here that sell us equipment then donate money to these wackos???as it looks like my group donated around 300$ to one these companies and I for one am not very Happy with this purchase now...

Ok I give up... whos the company doing that on SW???
Ive been a long time aggressor against REI.. We refuse to sell our lights to them or any other anti orv/snowmobiling supporter..
a list would be great.. Damn now I have to change beer brands...

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
From a retail business standpoint, it is a very difficult task to stock avalanche equipment from "non-greenie" organizations. We are die-hard snowmobilers and have donated to SAWS, Blue-Ribbon, and others who support keeping our areas open and are wrestling with ourselves over whether or not to stock some of the best equipment out there.
Unfortunately, when it comes to avalanche safety, the greenies are ahead of the snowmobilers. Hopefully we as snowmobilers can change that and can get ahead when it comes to avalanche safety.
Black Diamond, and Mammut are all supporters of the land closers, but they both make some of the best equipment available.
If you want to buy avalanche gear from the manufacture who likes snowmobilers, buy Backcountryaccess aka BCA!

Premium Features