• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black hills snow conditions--February--

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
The older I get the more I think about how these things can happen. Last time out I had a stump push my track up and stab the suspension, talk about a sudden stop...... and I was just coasting over it and I can only imagine what would happen if a guy was full throttle through a meadow or up a hill when something like that happens.

Hope he heals up good.

G
Dec 15, 2007
i was also with when our new friend we had just met an hour before broke his leg he was telling us while we were waiting that he was only going like 35-40 mph he hit the stump with just the ski and just got bucked off and landed wrong freak thing considering the bone he broke was his femur and they say that it is the strongest bone in your body and they cant even put it in a cast friend of ours stopped to see him on the way back and sounds like he could get out tomarrow or wednesday

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
just need to go riding with the beast from the east to find the good stuff. everyone has there secret spots and nobody will tell where they are. me shortstop and gotwoofs, and others seen a ton of stuff that hasn't been touvhed all year. just gotta know where to go, and for that matter where not to go. best snow we found all day was some place we shouldn't have been and didn't know it. guy wanted to kill us.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
just need to go riding with the beast from the east to find the good stuff. everyone has there secret spots and nobody will tell where they are. me shortstop and gotwoofs, and others seen a ton of stuff that hasn't been touvhed all year. just gotta know where to go, and for that matter where not to go. best snow we found all day was some place we shouldn't have been and didn't know it. guy wanted to kill us.

One step closer to getting the Hills shut down.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
guy wanted to kill us.

He wasn't mad, he just wanted us out of there. He was nicer than most people would have been. I didn't pay attention to see if there was any "No Trespassing signs", I guess I assumed the leader knew we could ride there. "Don't assume anything" proves itself again. :confused: He owns the property it's his choice whether we can ride there or not, if none of the landowner's let us ride there would be no trail system. :(

Last edited:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
He wasn't mad, he just wanted us out of there. He was nicer than most people would have been. I didn't pay attention to see if there was any "No Trespassing signs", I guess I assumed the leader knew we could ride there. "Don't assume anything" proves itself again. :confused: He owns the property it's his choice whether we can ride there or not, if none of the landowner's let us ride there would be no trail system. :(

exactly

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
Me and some buddies from eastern SD are coming out to the hills on Thursday and just wondering if anybody else is gonna be out. We are staying in the northern hills and it would be great to meet up with someone from the area to show us some cool spots. All of us are in our mid to late 20's and looking for a good time. shoot me a pm thanks

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
One step closer to getting the Hills shut down.

hey i didn't know where i was and wasn't the guy leading us. technically ther was a road way in there where we could have been.but ya i here what your saying though. ya gotta know your boundaries

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
2 or 3 of us will be out there this weekend, if anybody else would like to meet at TH at some point - I am always interested in meeting forum members.

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
They don't ride hard enough to break a nail let alone their leg. :face-icon-small-win :D

**** we dont ride hard enough, we prolly would break a leg if we rode harder. so damn many stumps out there. Just make sure the skis never touch the ground and you'll be good to go.

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
thinking of meeting some buddies in the Hills next week. it has been about 6 years since i was there.

can you still get to moskee or tinton?
J

I would recommend staying out of the Moskee area. That was purchased a few years ago from Homestake. The developers are putting up quite a few gates in the area and from the rumor mill I hear, would prefer most recreationists to not be in there.

Premium Features