• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Goggles

P

Pertzbro

Nov 12, 2008
Denver, CO. Originally NW Iowa
I've had the same Goggles for 15 years. Think it's time for an upgrade. Not looking to buy the most expensive, fanciest looking ones out there. Just looking for some good Goggles that fit good and don't fog.

Thoughts?

I have Scott Turbo Flows and they have worked very well for me, but after 15 years they are showing their age.

Scott87Turboflow.jpg

P

Pertzbro

Nov 12, 2008
Denver, CO. Originally NW Iowa
What kind of helmet you have?

If you find a goggle better than the below, ask for your money back.

http://www.judgedgear.com/collections/helmets-goggles/products/gavel-helmet-with-verdict-goggles

Also about a 15 year old HJC CLX2 ? Not quite sure on the version. I use the nose piece, no facemask and just got a NEKKR to help with the windburn.

Per the picture, I tuck the goggle frame behind the nosepiece support and it's snug, almost never fogs unless it's snowing hard and we are not moving fast. I'm assuming I'll probably need a smaller framed goggle with no noseguard. I dont think 509's will fit snug enough in this old helmet.

I dont plan on upgrading the helmet. Fits perfect, vents enough. Plan on Plastidipping it bright orange.

helmet.jpg

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
Smith with the built in fan. Get warm while digging out, flip the switch! Always have a Smith non fan with also. Seam to use the fan googles only on heavy dump days.

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
my advice to you. Take your helmet into a store and find a pair of goggles that fit the helmet the best and buy them. Brand really makes no difference as most of them make a good product. I have been riding in a MX helmet since 2000 or so. I have on hand Oakley, Smith, spy, 509 original, and 2 pairs of the new X5 509s. I have never had a fogging issue with any of them. My favorites were the smiths with single pane lenses I had to replace as the wore out after 15 years. The crappiest made are the 509s but they were very good about warranting them and got me a new pair right away. The spy's and oaklys are very similar.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Scott Hustle and Tyrants work great with a Fly F2 helmet. They have huge foam and a nose bridge that can adjust in and out to fit your face.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

D
Mar 19, 2015
U.P. of MI
You should consider replacing your helmet too. . . that is, if you're at all concerned about it protecting your head in an impact.
The foam breaks down internally and recommended replacement intervals is 5 years. It may be comfortable, but it's not terribly safe.

Given, impacts when snowmobiling are typically not near what they are when off-roading or riding motorcycles, but a hard knock against a tree is always a possiblity.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Also about a 15 year old HJC CLX2 ? Not quite sure on the version. I use the nose piece, no facemask and just got a NEKKR to help with the windburn.

Per the picture, I tuck the goggle frame behind the nosepiece support and it's snug, almost never fogs unless it's snowing hard and we are not moving fast. I'm assuming I'll probably need a smaller framed goggle with no noseguard. I dont think 509's will fit snug enough in this old helmet.

I dont plan on upgrading the helmet. Fits perfect, vents enough. Plan on Plastidipping it bright orange.

I have a newer model HJC CL-X6 and I have found that Castle goggles fit the best, I believe that are/were the same company? Either way the foam on the goggles fills the void of the helmet perfect.

clarson80

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Valley City, ND
If your helmet is also 15 years old, you should upgrade both... I believe helmets are technically only supposed to be good for a few years.
I upgraded last year to 509 helmet/goggles combo (with both aviators and 5x's) and had no luck with the goggles, a lot of guys like them though....had to find a new pair of Scotts that were like my old ones.
If I were looking to upgrade I'd try the judged combo, money back guarantee... Can't go wrong there.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Scott Hustle Snocross! Been on board many other ships but keep climbing aboard with Scott. Love the goggles and colorn options!

B
May 13, 2009
iam sprayin a little wd40 on the foam before each ride now
seems to really be working for me quite well
and i sweat like a little piggy i doo

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
What kind of helmet you have?

If you find a goggle better than the below, ask for your money back.

http://www.judgedgear.com/collections/helmets-goggles/products/gavel-helmet-with-verdict-goggles

Just got a chance to run a pair of judged goggles, I will say they are a pretty nice set..started off with my 509s at the beginning of the day, they fogged and froze halfway through the day. Tossed them in the goggle bag and strapped on the judged goggles, didn't take them offf the rest of the trip..fogged a tad on the bottom corners when at standstill, but I have yet to find a goggle that doesn't do that

Premium Features