• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bdx oil delete kit

C
Jan 13, 2014
i have read a lot about these kits for the m8's, it is going on an 09 hcr and i think i am going to go ahead with it i want to use the grease zert method to lube the water pump shaft but i don't really understand exactly how to do it, so where does the grease zert actually go after the block of plate is installed. the reason i am putting it on is i was riding last week and rod connecting the trottle to the oil pump just came off, endless to say i have no trust in the oil injection system and am paying to fix something that never should have happened.

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
Grease zerk goes on bottom of case where the banjo fitting with oil line was. Simple as that. I pump 2 pumps every couple rides and no issues in 3 seasons now have 2k miles on mine. Doesn't matter what grease you use

G
Oct 24, 2009
Bdx

I have this on my 1000 I opted away from the grease zero , I ran a small clear hose up to my coolant tank and fill tube with syringe with mix oil , it gravity feeds and you can see it , 2 seasons , no issues , no gay grese gun!!

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
I did the gravity feed line with a small reservoir on my 1000 when I did the delete. I filled it every couple rides, but this season I found a bad seal on the water pump shaft and upon closer inspection found brass shavings in my crankcase. The brass gear that drives the water/oil pumps was going bad. Luckily I caught it before anything else got wrecked, but I would say that I had less than 1000 miles on the delete. There are about 3000 miles on the motor, but I don't think the gear should have gone from normal wear and tear in 3000 miles.

It seems to be a little bit of a crapshoot whether or not your motor will do well with the delete. There are a lot of guys that have thousands of miles on the delete and there are a lot of guys that have issues with that drive gear.

I am going to keep the delete in place because I like how the engine ran with it, but I am drilling the upper case half to get oil mix into the drive cavity. If I were to do it over again I would probably drill the drill the bottom of the case and run the tube in between the two banjo fittings like the twisted turbo setup. That can be done without splitting the case and there is a pretty good track record with it.

Here is a thread with the kind of setup I am talking about. I have heard of guys doing this without splitting the crankcase by drilling from underneath and being careful to get as many of the shaving out as possible.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166262

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
I did the gravity feed line with a small reservoir on my 1000 when I did the delete. I filled it every couple rides, but this season I found a bad seal on the water pump shaft and upon closer inspection found brass shavings in my crankcase. The brass gear that drives the water/oil pumps was going bad. Luckily I caught it before anything else got wrecked, but I would say that I had less than 1000 miles on the delete. There are about 3000 miles on the motor, but I don't think the gear should have gone from normal wear and tear in 3000 miles.

It seems to be a little bit of a crapshoot whether or not your motor will do well with the delete. There are a lot of guys that have thousands of miles on the delete and there are a lot of guys that have issues with that drive gear.

I am going to keep the delete in place because I like how the engine ran with it, but I am drilling the upper case half to get oil mix into the drive cavity. If I were to do it over again I would probably drill the drill the bottom of the case and run the tube in between the two banjo fittings like the twisted turbo setup. That can be done without splitting the case and there is a pretty good track record with it.

Here is a thread with the kind of setup I am talking about. I have heard of guys doing this without splitting the crankcase by drilling from underneath and being careful to get as many of the shaving out as possible.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166262

isn't the crankcase on the 1000 a different animal vs the 800 relative to the delete ?

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
That I don't know. I am sure that the 800 is a little different, but I assume that it is the same general layout.

Premium Features