• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ball joints for upper a-arms

S

snirt-racing

Jan 31, 2010
Billings,Mt
So I hit a rock pretty hard and bent my lower and upper a-arms. Broke the ball joint on the upper a-arm when removing it. Polaris said they can't even order one!?!? What the hell polaris!!! Does anyone have one or know who is selling one?
Thanks!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The Factory Fiche doesn't even show a part number for the upper ball joint.

Hmm... probably a glitch in the factory fiche.

If anyone can find it... Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports can... but I doubt you'll find one this weekend...but get on it monday of next week and have it expressed if you want to ride before the holidays.

Or... Buy a set of aftermarket arms that have them installed already... like KMOD or Alternative Impact.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Good luck. From my understanding Polaris has no intention of offering just the upper ball joint for the RMK without the upper arm attached to it. But if you're willing to drill the top of the spindle from it's current size up from 10 mm to 12 mm you can use the upper ball joint from the axys trail sleds....which is an easy part to get right now.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
if you look up the steel a-arms on the 2016 assault they are listed and are the same ball joint. I believe polaris doesn't list them separate on the pro-rmk lookup because they don't want people pressing them in and out of the aluminum. The are pretty hard to get started straight when pressing them back in. very easy to gouge the the hole up.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
ya the trail sled uppers are definitely a good option as long as your willing to drill that hole out. which i see no problem with. plus they are easy to come by. even lots of aftermarket are making them.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Wow I got 2 new spares. We are talking the upper balljoint correct?

What about an IQ 2005-2010? The only diff is they are standard and not metric. I know those are available.

I can see why they might not want to sell lower's.

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Stock upper balljoint for RMK/SKS/Assault is part # 7061219 back ordered till 12/30.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Wow I got 2 new spares. We are talking the upper balljoint correct?

What about an IQ 2005-2010? The only diff is they are standard and not metric. I know those are available.

I can see why they might not want to sell lower's.

Upper ball joint on an AXYS is a sperical bearing like the lower but with a stud... the IQ's run a "rod end" for the upper.

Premium Features