• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys RMK ok to start without gauge/ hood ?

Nov 27, 2008
Is it ok to tart the sled witithout the hood dash plugged in for coolant bleeding purposes, don't want to set any codes or anything. Thanks

J
Nov 25, 2019
I have a muff pot on the y pipe on my axys and I’ve forgotten to plug the pidd back in many, many times.

I also like the option to run the sled with the ignition unplugged if needed.
Lose the key for cat or tether for a skidoo and your screwed...... unplug your Polaris ignition and keep riding.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
I have a muff pot on the y pipe on my axys and I’ve forgotten to plug the pidd back in many, many times.

Lose the key for cat or tether for a skidoo and your screwed...... unplug your Polaris ignition and keep riding.
That can be a bad thing tho. Someone could like your Polaris more than you do and unplug it and ride home.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
I know what you meant. But seriously, I would hate for my sled to get sole, Ins or not. Never going to get value of all your parts and time. AND, that raises everyones premiums. More that are stole, the more everyone pays...

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I know what you meant. But seriously, I would hate for my sled to get sole, Ins or not. Never going to get value of all your parts and time. AND, that raises everyones premiums. More that are stole, the more everyone pays...

Meth heads usually steal things no matter what.

A local guy had s sled stolen from his truck bed. (Backed up inside his carport against a wall)

4 of them lifted it on 2x4’s over the cab and into a waiting pickup.

Doesn’t matter what brand.

(Maybe a yamaha is safe due to weight and abysmal resale?)

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
You can have the dealer enable the ignition lock. Then you enter a code to lock it, and it will idle but not rev up to engagement. You have to enter the code again to unlock it. A dealer can unlock it as well, but I would think you’d have to have proof of ownership. If a thief wanted to get it to run higher than idle without going to a dealer to get it unlocked, he’d have to buy a new ecu. So it’s a pretty good system- seems as secure as the ski doo, but almost impossible to have it mess you up by accident, which the ski doo can do (lost key).

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe

So you can unplug the ignition on a newer Axys and sled will start? Just left my key at home on my 2017 Axys and trying to figure out how to start it so I can still ride on this trip. Thanks

G
Dec 20, 2007
So you can unplug the ignition on a newer Axys and sled will start? Just left my key at home on my 2017 Axys and trying to figure out how to start it so I can still ride on this trip. Thanks
Just unplug the ignition switch and leave off. Judging that they run with the hood harness un plug, it is an open circuit. Some sleds are closed, so you need to jump the leads.

I wouldn't ride without a gauge for long personally. You'll want to know RPMs, and at least engine temps on trails I'd assume....or a dreaded DET

madchad47

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2016
Just unplug the ignition itself and leave the harness plugged in. No need for the key and your gauge/ light still work.

Premium Features