• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Areas to ride near Cedar City??

A
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas
What was the outcome on the 600? Did the gears get ruined or was it alright? Also nice to meet you in person. Take care...Jeff

Nice meeting you too...I haven't heard anything about it since Nick picked it up. I rode it around a little after I tightend the chain tensioner, but it didn't feel right.:eek:

S
Jan 15, 2008
150 miler cut short to do injury and pride...

Arigato,
We went from Strawberry Valley to Lars Fork to Cow Lake and the Northern end of Lake Navajo, crossed SR14 to Deer Valley crossed SR14 again at the Midway and just past Cedar breaks had a WRECK! The son and wife both dropped into a 20' deep cornish, he saw it, was able to slow and rode down, through and out stopping on the far side. She didn't see it or him slow, flew across it and I'm not sure if it was the ground impact or the impact between a sled doing 30+ and a sled that was basically stopped, but she came off in a not so good way. I saw this morning from her ankle to her knee is purple and bruised, her knee is black and yellow, and from her knee to her hip is big, moonless black. She won't let anybody touch it. Other than the bruising and swelling, she's going to be fine. She rode it 44 miles home, albeit it limped. My son hit his chest on the handle bars and his pride was hurt from sticking the landing and getting absolutely no praise or attention.
As for the sled, well, lets say it's anxiously awaiting my return. All cosmetic damage, and all but one piece is in, so I should get it back together fairly quick. Anyways, needless to say, I think we only put in about 90 miles on Saturday. I grounded them both on Sunday and Monday. Thanks again for all inverted99.

Last edited:
<SNIP>
As for the sled, well, lets say it's anxiously awaiting my return. All cosmetic damage, and all but one piece is in, so I should get it back together fairly quick. Anyways, needless to say, I think we only put in about 90 miles on Saturday. I grounded them both on Sunday and Monday. Thanks again for all inverted99.

Do not worry about the almighty RMK, it is back together and ready for more abuse. I got the parts on it tonight and all the metal bent back out. I have not worked on the 500 yet though. So, just come up and ride the D8. Later...Rybolt

A
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas
Dang Snoopdrag! Your wife must be one tough cookie. My brother and I hit something similar a few years ago over in that area...One minute you're cruising along and the next....:eek:

I can't come up this weekend, but will be up for sure the next.

S
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks to the magic garage!

Hey inverted, THANK YOU! What gives with the clutch? I am contemplating not compining up this weekend as I have just gotten over my fever from respiratory flew-2 days. If I do come, it will be alone. Anyways, I'll talk to you tonight.
Arigato, she if one tough dame, no doubt about it, I fell a few weeks back, went to the ER, drugs, time off work the whole bit. We rolled in the door at midnight and she went back to her routine of life the next day. We're still looking for the camera cause it has to be the biggest bruise I've ever seen, from the ankle to the hip. Anyways, how did you guys fare a couple of years back? Injuries, sled damage, both, or neither? I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend.

A
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas
Snoop...Some pictures would be cool. My dad had some similar bruising when the throttle stuck on his sled as he was trying to load it on a trailer. It was in the summer, so the sled took off, hit one of those big cables holding the power lines up, and sent him into a horizontal flat spin into a tree. I saw the whole thing go down right in front of me. I thought he was dead for sure....Nope, just bruised head to toe.

As far as when bro and I hit that big hole, luckily no one got hurt, it just scared the crap out of both of us!

I live over in LA area, it's not too far over this way. How is the off trail riding?

Anyone have any recent pics to share?
thanks,
Tommy
I'd be willing to go a little further too...any suggestions?

The off trail riding is excellent, this is the best winter in the last 4. Here are a few pictures of my friends and I having fun. Take care...Jeff

P.S. We have received about another 4 feet since these were taken.

P1010242-1.jpg

P1010193-1.jpg

DSC02389.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02354.jpg

DSC0232940.jpg

DSC0232937.jpg

DSC0232927.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features