• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Areas to ride near Cedar City??

Hey guys, My Dad resides just outside Cedar City and I'm located in Northern Colorado. Couple years back I went out to see him and we went East of Cedar City up near Strawberry Point I think. Lot of nice meadows and as I recall some good deep stuff.

What are the mountains to the East of Cedar City and does anyone know how the snow pack is up there.

I am gonna be heading out to see him in a few weeks and he and I were gonna head up to find some snow. Anyone ride this area?

Man, you are talking about my back yard. This is actually a plateau, the Markagunt Plateau to be exact, everyone calls it Cedar Mountain though. The riding is unbelievable right now!! Whoever posted the Google map, Strawberry Point is just Northeast of the thumbtack icon, I live in the next valley to the east. The light blue dot near the top of the map is actually Cedar Breaks, which is a very worthwhile ride.
Come on up and get some of the best riding and the prettiest scenery available on southwest Utah. If you have any questions about the local area let me know, I am as local as you can get. Take care...Jeff

Last edited:
S
Dec 17, 2007
Hey "Punk"! This is your old Dad!

When you gonna get your butt and your sleds out here? On the weather this morning it said Southern UT has 156 percent of normal snowfall for this time of year! And besides, I just watched "Sledneck 7" and I'm gettin' the bug! But not to go off cliffs and do flips in the air! My old bones might not heal if I fell off or the sled landed on top of me!

Let me know your plans, Dad

S
Dec 17, 2007
Best production snowmobile???

Just wondering if I were to look for a sled with ample power and performance, what brand and model would you all recommend? I already have a summer ride!

A
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas
How many of you local Cedar/St George riders are on the forum? How may of you check in regular?

I'm from Vegas and my parents live in Duck Creek. I check this site every day Stacy. Let's ride!! I'll be up tonight through Sunday with my brother and a friend. If anyone is interested we will be riding from our shop on Saturday.

O
I'm from Vegas and my parents live in Duck Creek. I check this site every day Stacy. Let's ride!! I'll be up tonight through Sunday with my brother and a friend. If anyone is interested we will be riding from our shop on Saturday.

I can ride Saturday. Call me you can get my cell from Rod. I think he is going to let me take his new RR out for a test ride :)

S
Jan 15, 2008
Awesome Snow...

Hey, just saw the thread. We live in Strawberry Valley and inverted99 had the geography laid out just right. I wouldn't expect any less. That's him in the picture abusing my new ride! Aaaarrrg! We'll be up Friday through Monday of this weekend and plan on doing 150+ miles on Saturday. Feel free to drop a note to join us and we'll set up the details.:eek::eek:I am so looking forward to breaking in the new Polaris Dragon 800. All Season Sports has way great pricing if you're looking at a brand new Polaris. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey, just saw the thread. We live in Strawberry Valley and inverted99 had the geography laid out just right. I wouldn't expect any less. That's him in the picture abusing my new ride! Aaaarrrg! We'll be up Friday through Monday of this weekend and plan on doing 150+ miles on Saturday. Feel free to drop a note to join us and we'll set up the details.:eek::eek:I am so looking forward to breaking in the new Polaris Dragon 800. All Season Sports has way great pricing if you're looking at a brand new Polaris. Enjoy!

About time you got your butt on here. Thanks again for the use of the D8, like I said, I did not even want to ride mine again after being on yours. Pretty convenient having it in my garage;). Anyways see you when you get here and I will have those gas cans filled. Later...Jeff

Last edited:
A
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas
I will be up this weekend too. However, I'm breaking in a couple of newbies so 150 miles might be a bit far for them. 150 miles? Where the heck do you go around there to cover that many miles in one day? I need some ideas for good riding.

S
Jan 15, 2008
Where we're going to ride

What we're going to try and attempt is to ride from StrawBerry or Swains Creek out to StrawBerry Point, Lars Fork, Cow Lake, cross SR14 at the Navajo Lake turn off, Deer Valley, Cross SR14 again at the Midway, Brian Head,(REFUEL) red desert, the back way into Mamoth creek, Todds Junction(REFUEL) and then back to StrawBerry. If you call (435)-682-4014 and leave a message, we'll get it tonight and hopefully you can join us in the morning. Most of the riding is not to technical and my 10 year old will be along. I had my share of boondocking with him on the eastern slope of strawberry ridge as it got dark. Friends are worth a million bucks!(I know that he's reading this so i had to plug, ya know) The kid did great but my nerves were shot. Deadfalls, canyons, darkness, oh, anddeep, deep, snow. It looks like Saturday is the day due to weather. Whiteout conditions are forecast in the upper elevations for Sunday. Again, call if you want to join us...

What we're going to try and attempt is to ride from StrawBerry or Swains Creek out to StrawBerry Point, Lars Fork, Cow Lake, cross SR14 at the Navajo Lake turn off, Deer Valley, Cross SR14 again at the Midway, Brian Head,(REFUEL) red desert, the back way into Mamoth creek, Todds Junction(REFUEL) and then back to StrawBerry. If you call (435)-682-4014 and leave a message, we'll get it tonight and hopefully you can join us in the morning. Most of the riding is not to technical and my 10 year old will be along. I had my share of boondocking with him on the eastern slope of strawberry ridge as it got dark. Friends are worth a million bucks!(I know that he's reading this so i had to plug, ya know) The kid did great but my nerves were shot. Deadfalls, canyons, darkness, oh, anddeep, deep, snow. It looks like Saturday is the day due to weather. Whiteout conditions are forecast in the upper elevations for Sunday. Again, call if you want to join us...

That was a heck of a boondocking adventure, your son hung in there great and his dad did a good job of breaking trail for us, I was glad to make it out of there. I have your clutch at the house and will fill the cans this afternoon. See you when you get here.

I will be up this weekend too. However, I'm breaking in a couple of newbies so 150 miles might be a bit far for them. 150 miles? Where the heck do you go around there to cover that many miles in one day? I need some ideas for good riding.

Hey Arigato,
I am pretty sure I recognize the shop picture in your avatar and know your parents. I have a ported 700 engine that I believe used to be in one of your sleds. Have fun this weekend. Take care...Jeff

Last edited:
Premium Features