• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you Over 50 and STILL SHREDDING?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Question for the guys over 50.
Did you change any habits, to keep up with your riding group?
Diet? Weight loss? Gym workouts? Other?
At 44, I feel it my shoulders and joints at the end of the riding day. Especially the next day.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Just wanted to give you guys an update. The joining of a snowmobile club, getting contacts and finding the couple guys who truly love riding as much as I do has been paying off. Although most are much younger, I have proven that I can ride, bring much to the table and most importantly...am not a flake, that short of a blizzard, you can always count me in.

That means, along the way, I weeded out the flakes, the long time riding buddies who rarely ride anymore. It's better that way, you no longer waste energy with guys who cancel on you at the last minute. Guys who use to ride 30+ times a season with me, barely ride half a dozen now. I had no choice but to move on and made a plan to continue to get my rides in.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just wanted to give you guys an update. The joining of a snowmobile club, getting contacts and finding the couple guys who truly love riding as much as I do has been paying off. Although most are much younger, I have proven that I can ride, bring much to the table and most importantly...am not a flake, that short of a blizzard, you can always count me in.

That means, along the way, I weeded out the flakes, the long time riding buddies who rarely ride anymore. It's better that way, you no longer waste energy with guys who cancel on you at the last minute. Guys who use to ride 30+ times a season with me, barely ride half a dozen now. I had no choice but to move on and made a plan to continue to get my rides in.
Congrats!

BOULDERBOB

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2008
Boulder, Co
Just got smarter about how to ride and not being afraid to pick my own path instead of sometimes following them up stuff that even they will be lucky to make it up. In which case I find a path around and up and then drop down to help them out. The least I can do for the times that they have to help me out (which admittedly is more then I have to help them, unless their the really younger riders ). I'm 68 and still going, almost gave it up but came to my senses! Haven't gotten out a lot yet this year but hoping the snow will really start in as it's not great yet but getting there.
The hardest thing for me is when we try to do it as a day ride, leave VERY early in the morning and don't get back til late, that takes a toll. I like to try find a place to stay up close as the makes it a whole lot easier.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I posted about my dad last year, but we made our annual trip west last week and I have to say, it was the best I've ever seen him ride! I put a 165 on his sled and it made a big difference! All of the climbs and tree lines that I thought he'd wait at the bottom for me to come back, he'd be right behind me! 62 is a number he doesn't believe in!
a3b030a744039358fdb72f3b60237cf2.jpg
9c3d6635bbae5c6eaa3d57b5dfb2c0d6.jpg
014f0489ae909ed752303ac69b3be97f.jpg
e7eb9ac5448d154c66d619950eaa9923.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I posted about my dad last year, but we made our annual trip west last week and I have to say, it was the best I've ever seen him ride! I put a 165 on his sled and it made a big difference! All of the climbs and tree lines that I thought he'd wait at the bottom for me to come back, he'd be right behind me! 62 is a number he doesn't believe in!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I turned 61 last week
So I am now officially OVER 60 and still Shredding!
And yes, the 165 is my FRIEND!!;);)

concretebob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2010
Loomis Ca.
I'm 67 and ride a 9r.
Love the handling and power.
In California we don't have powder for too long so a turbo is a bit overkill in my view.
Hope to be riding well into 70s and beyond.
Having a great time trying to keep up with all the young guys I ride with

Premium Features