• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat running boards question

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Question for y’all. When you ride you guys stand with your feed inside the running board edges or right on the edge. Mine have 0 grip and a round tubes and feel like kind of a hazard

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
All over the place as needed. Typically see more screws for traction than those show.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
If you don’t have anything for traction on those cross bars like it looks, I’d definitely add something. Either more screws or some companies sell little tread blocks you can rivet onto tube boards.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta

Something like this might look a little better.
Oh ya i do like those

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Tube boards are better than inserts imo because you can stand anywhere on them with a flat foot. You want some traction on the side of the outer tube also, bdx puts good tread on theirs I’ve never slipped

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've probably got an inch of boot hanging over the outside edge standing in neutral position. So the edge traction is most important to me and I run screws there. The interior tubes are often too thin to hold screws without them tearing out. The first plastic cleats cat had could build ice on the interior bars. I traded them for the latest design and they seem to be ok now. BDX boards with the extruded traction on the bars never built ice when I had those.

With the cat extruded running boards on my other sled they build ice in the toe hold area. Otherwise they are good. I would imagine the inserts would be similar.

Overall I still prefer tube type boards.

PXL_20240122_035505382.jpg

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
I've probably got an inch of boot hanging over the outside edge standing in neutral position. So the edge traction is most important to me and I run screws there. The interior tubes are often too thin to hold screws without them tearing out. The first plastic cleats cat had could build ice on the interior bars. I traded them for the latest design and they seem to be ok now. BDX boards with the extruded traction on the bars never built ice when I had those.

With the cat extruded running boards on my other sled they build ice in the toe hold area. Otherwise they are good. I would imagine the inserts would be similar.

Overall I still prefer tube type boards.

View attachment 414953
I had those boards on my alpha the were pretty good. Does it matter what you put in for replacement screws on the mine is missing a couple?

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I don’t know what board they are as the sled was bought used. The closed I see is skinz but is a bit different yet
My boards are from Arctic Cat, I just bought the screws from Skinz. Cat just supplied some plastic cleats for the outer tube too and I didn't want to use them.
And can you use the same hole and can I upsize if needed?
Yeah that's what I would do.

Premium Features