• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a dispensing gun for Lord adhesive I could borrow?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I am in the process of trying to put the bulkhead back together on a Pro. I have everything needed, but the actual gun needed to dispense the Lord 406/19GB adhesive. The tube I purchased is the 375mL size. For me, it would be more feasible to borrow one instead of purchasing one since I would probably never need it again (would get a smaller tube of it next time if I did :))Does anyone have a dispenser they would be willing to loan me for a few days? If it needs to be shipped, I will pay shipping both ways.. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks everyone!
pray.gif

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Sorry dude, I've got the smaller applicator otherwise, I'd put it in the mail today. Good luck. Maybe the Polaris dealer?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I really appreciate it guys.. I kinda figured I would run into this issue because of the size of the tube I bought. I only got this size because it was actually cheaper than the smaller tube was.. I highly doubt my dealer would have one and even if they did, I'm sure they wouldnt allow me to borrow it. Anyone else have one of these guns?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
check with a few autobody shops in your area..they should have a gun that will work on the lords tubes....

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
If your in SE ID, get a hold of Christopher. He has a gun for that tube size. He may be back in Rigby tomorrow or Wednesday.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
If your in SE ID, get a hold of Christopher. He has a gun for that tube size. He may be back in Rigby tomorrow or Wednesday.

Awesome, thanks.. I am from Pocatello, so I can hit Rigby whenever.. I will see what he says.. :)

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Sorry to poach, but where did you guys purchase your smaller applicator? I need to install a chaincase and think it will be beneficial for me to have this setup. Thanks, Matt

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Sorry to poach, but where did you guys purchase your smaller applicator? I need to install a chaincase and think it will be beneficial for me to have this setup. Thanks, Matt

No problem.. Maybe this thread can help others in the future as well..

Christopher is going to loan me his.. Thanks for the heads up on that.. I appreciate all the help and input! :rockon:

C

charger0926

Nov 14, 2010
Elk Grove CA
im having a hard time finding the lord adhesive that is mentioned in this post. does anyone have a supplier for the smaller tubes,nozzles,and the gun. i would be ok with the bigger tube and aplicator also

thanks for any help

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The 406/19GB is the adhesive you should be using.

The adhesive from the dealer is this but in a large tube... you wont use it up before it goes bad most likely.

The 50ml tubes are more appropriate sized.

There is a Caulk gun adapter for the 4:1 tubes like the 50ml 406/19gb.

I would NOT use the 406/19 without the glass-beads (gb) in it.

I'll post up some info tomorrow if I can on a link to buy it.

C

charger0926

Nov 14, 2010
Elk Grove CA

The adhesive from the dealer is this but in a large tube... you wont use it up before it goes bad most likely.

i sure would appreciate it, i cant seem to find a good source on this

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon

MH I'm curious as to why you always say use the glass bead Lords? You make it sound like it’s the only way to go. I have used the glass bead, and the non glass bead Lords on Snowmobile applications and have attempted to find the difference in my own separation/stress testing. I cannot see any difference. I suspect the glass bead Lords would be required in mil spec or other aircraft applications where extreme accuracy of application thickness is required. I feel that for snowmobile applications, the cheaper non-glass bead Lords is more than adequate. The cost savings comes from not having to buy the larger gb tubes and larger gun. My view comes from my actual testing, not reading Lords test data. I personally feel you are steering guys to spend more than they need to, for typical snowmobile applications. One more point. If you don't have near perfectly uniform clamping pressure then the glass beads offer no improvement. You would still have a variance in glue thickness, the very issue the glass beads are to solve. I’m not trying to challenge you on this, but IMO in the real world of guys in their garage applying this glue to running boards etc. the glass beads are an unnecessary overkill. The glass bead Lords won’t hurt any thing but won’t help either, given the variables in most guys applications.

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
From another thread that actually lists what is needed to complete the job!(Thank You Again Cardiac Kid)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From MH
Cardiac Kid...Awesome post... thanks for putting in the effort so other readers can benefiit!!

The problem that I'm running into is that not one source has all that is needed.

I prefer to stick with the Glass Bead as that will give more consistent bond line thickness when using rivets or bolts in conjunction with the adhesive.

The 406-19/GB is avail in the 50ML tubes
Click this link..

It comes in GRAY
http://www.chemical-concepts.com/lor...rd-pak-50.html

And RED
http://www.chemical-concepts.com/lor...rd-pak-50.html

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Oregonsledder..

I don't see it as challenging.. I've followed your posts on here and they are some of the best contributions to the forums...(no BS).

So trust me when I say I really enjoy when you comment in the threads.

I've been using the Lords both in the Glass bead and non glass bead formulations since long before Polaris even considered using them in sleds. In boat and yacht construction in aluminum and dissimilar metal installations....They have worked very well for me. I've been using this adhesive on sleds and cars for repairs for probably 5 years now. I used it the first time to attach a large generator platform to the hull of a boat where welding was not an option... still going strong with 1,000's of hours of use.

The glass beads come in handy where there is NOT uniform clamping.. Like if you were to use bolts or rivets (running boards or chaincases)... The Glass beads do not allow you to over compress the area when proper torque or rivet pressure is used.

If you compare the GB and the non-GB side by side.. you will see that the GB does not sag nearly as much when you use it.... which can be handy in the 5 min frantic-pace to get parts together before they set up.

The GB and Non-GB forumulations cost about the same and are both available in 50ml MixPack as well as 375ml tubes... both have inexpensive applicator options and share the same mix tips.

MixPack 50 (MP50) 50ml tubes
15e2bf9e721953e8a6ad67c6cba95ad5.jpg

I'll be trying another Lord product...MaxLock MX/T6 and MX/T18 ... both are tough and both are GB filled... release with heat and methacrylate formulations... and available in 50ml and 375ml.
BUT.... It has lower viscosity ... which is concerning to me for the "average joe" to work with. The peel strength is higher though. They are pretty easy to get in the 50ml size as well.

Especially nice is the longer working times and that this is readily available in all sizes.

Maxlok Working Time, Minutes:
MX/T3: 3 -5
MX/T6: 6 -9
MX/T18: 18 - 24
Maxlok Time before handling, Minutes:
MX/T3: 6 - 8
MX/T6: 20 - 24
MX/T18: 48 - 72

Last edited:
M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I may be way off base here a I have no experience with Lords products. But I am pretty damn sure that tube is identical to another product I have used in concrete gluing. I am pretty positive the applicator made by Hilti is identical to what is needed to push that the Lords out of the tube. I will try and find a pic and part number. May be another source for guys to get a gun from and I'm pretty sure the Hilti applicators are a dime a dozen

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
good chance of this Hilti gun fitting as this is a standardized tube from many different mfgs.

Make sure it has a 4:1 plunger and it would work if it fits.

Let us know what you find.

Thx!

Last edited:
Premium Features