• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone figured out a good muff location?

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Does anyone have a good way to cram a muff pot in on a stock exhaust yet? My wife’s ‘12 was the last one I’ve had a stock exhaust on and someone on here had come up with a way to make a bracket and heat shield that has worked wonderfully over the years. I’ve got a sba with a two up seat coming for hauling the kiddos around the cabin and would prefer the quieter stock exhaust if at all possible.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Does anyone have a good way to cram a muff pot in on a stock exhaust yet? My wife’s ‘12 was the last one I’ve had a stock exhaust on and someone on here had come up with a way to make a bracket and heat shield that has worked wonderfully over the years. I’ve got a sba with a two up seat coming for hauling the kiddos around the cabin and would prefer the quieter stock exhaust if at all possible.
Thanks for the kind words on Woodsrider kit, I have discontinued there production. Have 2021 650 Matrix 146 Assault mounted muffpot on top of "Y" pipe. Location works better if you remove belt holder as you can access thru side cover. FYI Y pipe area gets a lot of cooling via the cowl vents in colder weather some taping might help if cooking times are not optimal

Premium Features