• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone buying the slp pipe?

G

grizking

Nov 26, 2007
montana
SLP pipe system

Ran the set up on a 2012 etec. I know I lost a lot of wieght very close to what SLP said I would lose. Performance wasn't any better by seat of the pants feel. But sled ran fine no problems at all. Ran at 4k to 7k.

D
Feb 20, 2009
running the SLP can and it's great ... quiet. Head isn't throbbing at end of day. Hanging on to bars feels a bit more pull, significantly less weight. The rest of the set-up "Y" and pipe is not worth the min. (if any) increase in HP and loss of wt. Best bang for $$ is the can. Remember to tear out all, all the insulation (it's everywhere) and you'll save a ton (pun intended) of wt. especially once that foam soaks up moisture during a pow ride.

Dennis

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
In my opinion the slp stuff works great have ran it on a lot of different sleds but going away with it on the etec, I just went with a lightweight can and a y pipe with slight adjustment to clutch hope it works :)

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Have ran the whole set up on a 11 free ride and 12 x and don't feel it is worth the money! Just get a can and roll with it.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
SLP makes some nice stuff....It always fits, higher quality than most, and it does drop a good amount of weight. I think the gains are mostly midrange snap....I don't see it pulling any more clutch weight than stock on the e-tec, so peak power gains are not going to be noticable (IMO), but the weight loss alone is worth it for some.

Premium Features