• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody get a sled yet?

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
got mine yesterday 165 boost going to try it out this weekend. Dealer is just off of i-90 in eastern washington

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
What a bunch of crap I have seen many dealers with boost's and 9 R's for sale and snocheck guys are still waiting for there sled. I see no reason to snocheck next year.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
What a bunch of crap I have seen many dealers with boost's and 9 R's for sale and snocheck guys are still waiting for there sled. I see no reason to snocheck next year.
After snow checking nearly 20 sleds I'm beginning to see no reason to ever purchase a Polaris again!!!!

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Not necessarily better for anyone else. Getting sleds with important stuff missing like shocks... How about this guy that just got his 22 Yamaha Spring order 4 days ago.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Tracking Snocheck. . . . just amazingly went backwards to "Scheduled".. SO calls up Polaris and they said IT problem
on tracker and they . . . . . .

OIP.Nen6v4eHrToRv7TvCtdY4AHaEK

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Imagine those sleds are either backed out snowchecks ir could be sleds the dealers snowchecked. Polaris isnt going to investigate each sled, they just see an order and fill it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
So I called Polaris CS line today. I was nice to the guy and told him I don’t mind if it’s late. I’m going in for a surgical consult Wednesday to schedule surgery (truth). I just want to be able to plan when (or delay). If it’s going to be a few more weeks I want to get the surgery ASAP. Guy put me on hold for a little while and brought some project manager on the line and left me with the guy. Explained the situation and the signals I got going from delivery 12/18-1/1 to scheduled ever since the recall and a buddies that I configured and ordered at the same time already arrived and left last week.

Guy was nice and cordial. He said current production is everything is mechanically built and they are running updates as quickly as possible with current target and on track with that target to have everything in transport by this weekend. Granted unforeseen events could delay but cross our fingers.

With current outlook and snow going fast. I think Im going to pressure my Dr for surgery. By the time they get me in I think we’ll have now between that and the next snow. Give me time to recover and. Be ready for some great late season riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead1

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2010
So I called Polaris CS line today. I was nice to the guy and told him I don’t mind if it’s late. I’m going in for a surgical consult Wednesday to schedule surgery (truth). I just want to be able to plan when (or delay). If it’s going to be a few more weeks I want to get the surgery ASAP. Guy put me on hold for a little while and brought some project manager on the line and left me with the guy. Explained the situation and the signals I got going from delivery 12/18-1/1 to scheduled ever since the recall and a buddies that I configured and ordered at the same time already arrived and left last week.

Guy was nice and cordial. He said current production is everything is mechanically built and they are running updates as quickly as possible with current target and on track with that target to have everything in transport by this weekend. Granted unforeseen events could delay but cross our fingers.

With current outlook and snow going fast. I think Im going to pressure my Dr for surgery. By the time they get me in I think we’ll have now between that and the next snow. Give me time to recover and. Be ready for some great late season riding.

Well maybe that's whats happening with mine. Was built on the 7th but says it will ship 11th to the 21st. If they built them without the updates and have to rework them, it explain the shipping window. Not sure why you would build them wrong then update them??

The whole snowcheck thing is pointless these days. With them cutting back on warranty and no golden tickets or other perks, no pricing incentives. Dealers all seam to have snow check models in their showrooms. I commit to buy but they dont deliver until the last 3rd of the season and it costs them nothing. The whole thing just tilts to the manufactures favor.

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Imagine those sleds are either backed out snowchecks ir could be sleds the dealers snowchecked. Polaris isnt going to investigate each sled, they just see an order and fill it.

Some are back outs but most of them are floor models especially the 850/650 models they have on hand. I still have no date on my daughters 650 khaos 146, or my son's 9R 165 khaos both with std gauges. Nothing like pissing on your loyal customers.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Finally an update. Dealer texted me this morning saying it now shows same ship date as the other boosts they have coming in.. except one lucky guy didn’t get an update.

87919d90dd6066954e8346b8491f6aae.jpg

In the meantime picked this new 22 155 khaos for the wife. The finished shortening the tunnel, ZBros bumpers and SLP competition can. Not sure what else we’ll do to it just yet.

97cfb1a7bcd682397834b2404b18c3d2.jpeg

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Some are back outs but most of them are floor models especially the 850/650 models they have on hand. I still have no date on my daughters 650 khaos 146, or my son's 9R 165 khaos both with std gauges. Nothing like pissing on your loyal customers.
You post was directed at 9Rs and boosts. Any of those on the floor are likely back outs. 850s and 650s were likely ordered and allocated early and special builds (snowchecks) began production later. 850s were being delivered to customers back in October and it was well known that 9Rs would be the last built. But what i had heard happened was when the stop ride happened, they kept building sleds but putting them in a holding lot. So then the early builds were at the back of the lot and the later builds at the front. When they released them to ship. They started pulling from the front so the later builds ended up shipping before the early builds. Why you are seeing 9Rs before Boosts.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
You post was directed at 9Rs and boosts. Any of those on the floor are likely back outs. 850s and 650s were likely ordered and allocated early and special builds (snowchecks) began production later. 850s were being delivered to customers back in October and it was well known that 9Rs would be the last built. But what i had heard happened was when the stop ride happened, they kept building sleds but putting them in a holding lot. So then the early builds were at the back of the lot and the later builds at the front. When they released them to ship. They started pulling from the front so the later builds ended up shipping before the early builds. Why you are seeing 9Rs before Boosts.

That is exactly what happened, the boosts got built and stored waiting for the stop ride recall work, 8R built last but the first in line for shipping after recall fix available.

Premium Features