• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I lucky or am I doing something right?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I followed the manufacturers service recommendations outlined in my owners manual on my 11 Pro...to the T. At 1500 or so miles the cylinder skirt broke and I got a whole new engine. At 100 miles my motor mount broke. At 300 miles my clutch broke in half. My warranty claims look like the King James Bible. I am probably one of the unlucky ones. I think 3500 miles should be the benchmark for a sled to be considered "reliable". About 3 good seasons of hard riding, then a rebuild. I haven't even come close to that number on any of my sleds so far...

dttrusko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI
2800 miles on my 11 pro with zero issues..

Replaced the top end at 2000 miles as preventative maintenance and the pistons and cylinders looked great. I have no problem replacing wear items on a strung out two-stroke at 2000 miles. Talk to any serious dirtbike owner and they would think you were nuts to expect 4000 miles out of something ridden as hard as we push these sleds..
I agree that anything below 2000 miles is pretty bad, but I also don't think the issue is as big as many people on here claim.. There are less AC and Doo engines that go down and there are also a lot fewer mtn sleds sold.

Last edited:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I wouldnt believe half the guys posting on Snowest, worse than a soup opera. It amazes me that a guy will buy brand "X" after getting screwed over by the company numerous times. But on Snowest it is a common accurance. Talk about stupid, but they are here proudly professing the stupidity they exhibit.

There is a tolerance issue no doubt. But if you want to save ur riding buddies from having to tow you out once, twice, three times a year; do your homework. Like jesus ur going out in potentialy fatal terrain, and most just throw up there arms and blame it on the manufacturer. Then get on Snowest and cry and moan like a bunch of 2 year olds. Like that is going to help your situation, and they will troll every thread, just looking for the opportunity to have someone listen to their mangina. Yes it might be warranted if your driving to Walmart but for christ sake take some responsibility.

Last edited:
O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
I wouldnt believe half the guys posting on Snowest, worse than a soup opera. It amazes me that a guy will buy band "X" after getting screwed over by the company numerous times. But on Snowest it is a common accurance. Talk about stupid, but they are here proudly professing the stupidity they exhibit.

There is a tolerance issue no doubt. But if you want to save ur riding buddies from having to tow you out once, twice, three times a year; do your homework. Like jesus ur going out in potentialy fatal terrain, and most just throw up there arms and blame it on the manufacturer. Then get on Snowest and cry and moan like a bunch of 2 year olds. Like that is going to help your situation, and they will troll every thread, just looking for the opportunity to have someone listen to their mangina. Yes it might be warranted if your driving to Walmart but for christ sake take some responsibility.

What he said! :face-icon-small-coo

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My 2012 has been pretty good. I have 2300 miles on it and the pistons are now starting to show some wear and will be replaced under warranty.

My 08 600 RMK has at least 7800 on it. Still going strong and the motor has never been opened up. It will get refreshed this summer but more of a maintenance thing due to valve stop wear.

I do love my pro. The handling, ergos and chassis is hard combo to beat and no complaints with the power either.

Premium Features