• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alternative Impact 36" forward a arm kit

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Guys these are all but a done deal. Were making one final change before deciding which stance,camber,caster to commit to and then it's off to the races. I'll post the final details just before the first production run so everybody is on the same page. That will probably be Monday. I already have a pretty good list of guys on board so we will work from the top of that. I'll let you know more when I have something "solid" to give you. Thanks!
Dan

Bushpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2005
nice!
Let us know the details and cost with pictures when you get production set

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Just a few things that are set in stone..

2.625" forward
Uses stock floats (with mods roughly $70 and $100 if they need shortened)
2-3degree more turning radius than stock
Uses stock spindles
Ground clearance design lowers
Nothing tested has paint but I can in the near future post pics of the raw arms in the mock up stage just to get an idea of what they will look like. Oh, and yes absolutely positively without a doubt will be available in Titanium as well. Thanks!
Dan

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Uses stock spindles

Are the spindles pushed forward at both A arm contact points or is the spindle angled more to get that reach. (obviously a pic will answer that for me but I'm here now :D)

Thanks for doing this Dan! Good stuff.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Whats a guy do if hes got aftermarket shocks?

Really love this idea over the Skinz, considering the price of the Skinz.

I believe "most" aftermarket shocks will work clearance wise but will require the spherical bearings at the top only. I know the raptors have them but I should have an answer on that by tomorrow.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Are the spindles pushed forward at both A arm contact points or is the spindle angled more to get that reach. (obviously a pic will answer that for me but I'm here now :D)

Thanks for doing this Dan! Good stuff.

Without going into great detail we did not lay the spindle back to accommodate the forward. Both upper and lower came forward together. The original set I built is now out of the shop but I have a mock up pic of the second set that will get finished tomorrow. Pretty generic but I'll see if I can get it to post. Will give ya the gist.

Dudler

Lifetime Membership
Mar 15, 2013
Castlegar B.C.
I cant wait to get these on my sled! I have buddies who scab welded their stock Aarms to get 36 inch front end and they love the narrow front end even though their angles were off. I've been waiting till somebody made a 36 so I could have spare parts just in case!! Put me on the top of the list!!!

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Dan do you have a rough price point? Just a ball park would do... LOVE the idea and damn does it look narrow in the front facing pic... should make this chassis even more nimble! Thanks!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
If Dan's kit mirrors or comes close to what the Skinz kit does, it will be a winner and a must have mod. Looking forward to seeing this on the snow and hearing/reading the feedback. Everyone knows my thoughts on the skinz kit and this kit looks to have the same potential.

Nicely done Dan. Great seeing a Montana company step up to the plate.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
in
Dan do you have a rough price point? Just a ball park would do... LOVE the idea and damn does it look narrow in the front facing pic... should make this chassis even more nimble! Thanks!
Brad im going to put the molly kits @ $550 and the Ti @ $850. The shock mod can be done for about $100 and another $40ish if they need shortened to the proper 16.625'' length. I will also have a 10% on the Evol float 3's for the guys that want to upgrade. Pretty reasonable all the way around I thought. Thanks guys were starting Monday in full production mode on these!

What effect does moving the spindles forward have on the handling?
To add to what chris said, it basically makes the sled more compliant in several areas. To me it was most noticeable on a steep side hill. Didn't want to wash the rear out and the balance point was more stable even with being narrow. Just for fun we threw together a 33-34.5''. Because we were so focused on the 36'' in didn't hit the snow. I though even the stock 38'' stance was fairly easy to panel out and really didn't notice a greater difference in that area with the 36''. seems that once you find that fine line and keep it in the memory bank you can correct it in most situations. It is without a doubt going to bring a whole new level of tree riding to this sled as it has with the others.

Last edited:
Premium Features