• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska trip

M

mgcm1000

Mar 6, 2009
West Bountiful,Utah
Wife and I are planning a trip to the Fairbanks area at the end of April. First trip to your state and don't know much about it. Is there anywhere to rent sleds (preferably guided) around Fairbanks and will there still be enough snow at the end of April. we are from Utah and ride the mountains here, I ride M1000 and she rides an M8. Thanks

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
HAHAHAH.. Man are you in for a surprise. The interior is hurting this year for snow. 2nd lowest snow year on record. I have about 6 inches outside my cabin. It hasnt snowed here since i can remember and besides some crappy trail riding there isnt much riding here. The white mountains dont have enough snow to go there either.

There is no place that rents sleds either that i know of.

The closes place is maybe Summit Lake (3 hrs south on the richardson), but there are no services there.

Good Luck,

late april there will probly be no snow in town and barely enough to ride in cantwell.

Evan

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Bummer -- we haven't had a good year here either but it sounds better than yours -- thanks for the info

I think you want to hit valdez or seward, but I think it may be too late by late april this year..whittier is great spring riding..but expert only..very very challenging terrain....

Premium Features