• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After ride/dinner adult drinks???

W
Feb 27, 2010
Hi all. I'm from the midwest. Every year my friend and I go out west to ride a time or two. Mainly in Colorado and Wyoming. My friend told me to look into riding out in Utah. More specifically out of Beaver Creek Lodge. So I did. When I reported back to him that it looked great and I thought we should go, he told me that we could not drink out there. Is this true? I can't believe that it is however there are some counties in Kentucky that are dry so maybe this is the case out in your state too? Were not big drinkers but do enjoy and evening libation or two after our ride/dinner. This is not a deal breaker for us but may impact our decision on where we go. Can someone from Utah enlighten me on drinking beer and alcohol out there please? Thanks!

Nitron135

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
Utah does have some different liquor laws but alcoholic beverages are still readily available. Utah does not have any dry counties where you cannot get a drink, unlike many eastern states.:wine:

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
pm me our crew will take you on the ride of your life and pour a bunch of booze in you after. originally from the midwest so i get it.

W
Feb 27, 2010
pm me our crew will take you on the ride of your life and pour a bunch of booze in you after. originally from the midwest so i get it.

Thanks pauly815. Thats mighty hospitable of ya. I'll keep your offer in mind if we decide to come out, but understand that I'm not much of a drinker and would rather get up early to ride than puke...Happy New Year!

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
No dry counties in Utah but liquor is highly controlled. You can only buy liquor from state liquor stores with relatively short hours and closed on Sunday. Beer can be had at any convenience store or grocery store, however, it is low-point beer with max alcohol of 3.2 percent which probably isn't what you are used too. Several distilleries and craft microbrewers make their home in Utah and produce some fine drinks. It's a conundrum I know. Beaver Creek is within close proximity to the Idaho border, so you shouldn't have a problem with choices no matter what you decide to do. The snow isn't really here yet, I would hold off for at least another month before/if it gets good. There hasn't been much snow for the last three years.

W
Feb 27, 2010
Ya all are great! I appreciate all the replies. Thinking we might make the trip out at the end of Feb. Anywho, thanks again and now I have some info ammunition to fire back at my buddy...Ride safe ya all & think snow!

Premium Features