• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Additional Riders

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
But if you broke down and got that new sled you have been wanting for a few years, you could ride other places than Monte! :face-icon-small-win
You would like this group Hector!

That's true Hector. I think you would have a blast with this group. This group is always good for a day full of laughs

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
That was until we got to the trees ;-)

I believe I remember a pro being stuck right next to me in it's own 4' deep trench in the aspens haha
I was just making sure the sled wouldn't roll down hill while I helped you get un stuck :cool: cant wait for some days like that again. Except with out a cat breaking down this time.

Last edited:

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
I was just making sure the sled wouldn't roll down hill while I helped you get un stuck :cool: cant wait for some days like that again. Except with out a cat breaking down this time.

Haha definitely wasn't gonna roll down the hill the way you parked it there ;-)
The implosion of the diamond drive on that Cat was quite impressive as was someone's' stability to completely tear down the locked up diamond drive in the middle of the blizzard and get the thing out........... Granted it came out attached to the end of the tow strap but we still got it out haha :)

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Haha definitely wasn't gonna roll down the hill the way you parked it there ;-)
The implosion of the diamond drive on that Cat was quite impressive as was someone's' stability to completely tear down the locked up diamond drive in the middle of the blizzard and get the thing out........... Granted it came out attached to the end of the tow strap but we still got it out haha :)
Didn't we lose a stearing post on the way out as well? Still a great day.

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
Didn't we lose a stearing post on the way out as well? Still a great day.

Yes, yes we did. The Yamaha had to do triple duty that day as I towed two different cats out of Soapstone to the Parking lot haha. That was a brutal day but Awesome none the less. Those are the days you don't forget........ :)

FocusJR

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2010
Ogden, UT
Recent transplant, Just moved to Ogden this summer, looking for a good group to ride with. I need to get out and ride to shake the rust off. Have ridden in a lot of different places but only once in Utah, so I need to get a lay of the land.
I don't know about the "tests" but I can get stuck with the best of them.

PM me when you guys get a ride together

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
You forgot about the hitch hikers! I am thinking you need a "safety yellow" wrap and an orange beacon?:face-icon-small-hap

OMH haha I totally forgot about the old hitchhiker couple. We looked like a regular circus pulling into the parking lot. Yamaha with me and a hitch hiker pulling a cat with a rider and a hitch hiker pulling the hitch hikers toboggan full of gear from their cabin........ that was a bit of a load. The turbo was whining and the clutches were hot man....... super hot....... thought the yammi might toss a belt on that one.....

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
Recent transplant, Just moved to Ogden this summer, looking for a good group to ride with. I need to get out and ride to shake the rust off. Have ridden in a lot of different places but only once in Utah, so I need to get a lay of the land.
I don't know about the "tests" but I can get stuck with the best of them.

PM me when you guys get a ride together

Will definitely do that!

Looking to ride 12th and 13th :):):)

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
OMH haha I totally forgot about the old hitchhiker couple. We looked like a regular circus pulling into the parking lot. Yamaha with me and a hitch hiker pulling a cat with a rider and a hitch hiker pulling the hitch hikers toboggan full of gear from their cabin........ that was a bit of a load. The turbo was whining and the clutches were hot man....... super hot....... thought the yammi might toss a belt on that one.....

The only reason we let a Yamaweight in the group. Well that and he is the only one who knows where he is going.:lol:

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
The only reason we let a Yamaweight in the group. Well that and he is the only one who knows where he is going.:lol:

That and look at all the shi# I get us in on an big overweight Yamaha. There were a few trips last.year where Eston had the look of "where in the hell are we going" and "I pray there is a way out the bottom"....... we are expert sled customizers. Custom scratches in your plastics, custom dents in your bumper, custom dings in your running boards and Bryce knows all too well how we do custom a - arms ;-)........

Imagine how much trouble.we would get into if I were on a light, flickable sled??? Well if I didn't break it in half haha

Last edited:

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
If he wasn't on a Yamahog he would take us places we would never get out of.

Haha, now now Scott we've never had to spend an unintentional night on the mountain yet............ Maybe all day long working out of a hell hole :face-icon-small-ton or working into one knowing we will eventually probably most likely somehow need to find our way back up and out haha

Premium Features