• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adapt Clutch, any good?

A
Dec 21, 2018
I just got my sled back from the shop for totalt different reasons, but now I have seriuse belt noise, and revers won't engage instead kills the engine/squeak.. it's a automatic belt tensioner on these as well? Any ideas on what causing it?

A
Dec 21, 2018
Check if idler bearing is seized on primary clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They changed thermostat on the sled, do the remove clutch to do that?

How do I check this, is it the steel part between the sheeves that the belt rests on (not good with terminology in English)

Bushpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2005
I just got my sled back from the shop for totalt different reasons, but now I have seriuse belt noise, and revers won't engage instead kills the engine/squeak.. it's a automatic belt tensioner on these as well? Any ideas on what causing it?
Check you primary clutch torque. Most over torque it causing it to do exactly what problems you are having. It needs to be torqued to 50ft lb and secondary to 60LB

F
Feb 3, 2017
Well i got happy to soon, after one hour of riding center bearing is "stuck" to the shaft and spins with the sheves.. on my other sled i can move it with my fingers

Bummer, if the clutch is removed is it able to spin?

Could check with belt removed if an edge of the idler is changing color due to heat being built-up.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I've got a few hundred miles on my Adapt on my '19 with a Boondocker. One of the rollers lost the bushing after ~250 miles or so, swapped with a used spare & no issues since, though I have a new set on hand now. Performance wise, I haven't quite matched what I got out of the Team. If it stays together and doesn't crack, great, but only time will tell.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I've got a few hundred miles on my Adapt on my '19 with a Boondocker. One of the rollers lost the bushing after ~250 miles or so, swapped with a used spare & no issues since, though I have a new set on hand now. Performance wise, I haven't quite matched what I got out of the Team. If it stays together and doesn't crack, great, but only time will tell.
I had to replace the Bushings on the rollers also on my Adapt- However I used the bushings from Bikeman- it's the bushings used in their weights ( Snypr ) a lot better bushing should last longer than the fiber rolled one in these Adapt clutches,
I thought also, it was way too soon to replace the bushing in the roller already..

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Just found a bad bushing in a roller in my adapt. Probably 6-700 miles on the clutch. Hopefully I caught it before my slp weight is unuseable. Looks a bit rough, but still seems to have the full arc.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
On a positive note, Makes removing the bushings easier since they are almost gone. o_O
Have about 500 miles on the replacement bushings ( in prior post) and have held up great since February. ( Mountain miles )

IMG_7126.jpg

R
Feb 26, 2008
Im getting less than 200 miles to a set of rollers. I dont think the slp weights could cause it but Im gonna switch back to stock for the rest of the season.
Dyna-Tek is working on replacement bushings for me and eventually complete stainless rollers with bronze bushings.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Update, roller bushings were trashed by the end of last season. I put fresh ones in before first ride this year. 4 rides, maybe 150 miles and they fell apart. Swapped in new rollers again. Going to try aftermarket bushings next time around. In hindsight I would have just bought another Team clutch.

PXL_20240127_044639859.PORTRAIT.jpg

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
Update, roller bushings were trashed by the end of last season. I put fresh ones in before first ride this year. 4 rides, maybe 150 miles and they fell apart. Swapped in new rollers again. Going to try aftermarket bushings next time around. In hindsight I would have just bought another Team clutch.
out of curiosity, do you have OEM pins in the rollers??? or aftermarket??

Premium Features