• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Clutch on the 25 858s!!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
IMG_20240228_145304968.jpg
I have a hardcore dirt bike friend that beats the holy dog crap out of his bikes. He threw a leg over this once, it rode him :)

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Now why didn't they do this ?

Special thxs to IDSpud for helping me find this, there's hope :)

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Nope, not so, why do you think people don't ride them .
That is my Cat

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

Why would the factory not do that? The roller looks like a much cheaper part then the sliders they pulled out. There must be a reason. Plus it can only roll on one side. Looks like the sliders are sliding up both sides of the tower.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
They might have gotten that idea from the pdrive that does roll to one side.
It would be nice to hear from someone that has it and is t peddling it?

It should roll on both towers, just more force to one side.

I'm calling around to see if the locals have it.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Back to last nights post Hawk, you mentioned over rev, but left out the at engagement part….
Simple lower engagement is switch to 225 spring, can also play with one or two washer options.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
That roller thing makes way too much sense! And no, it can't roll on both surfaces at the same time. The roller surface will be going the "wrong way" in relation to the opposite tower face that it is contacting. The roller has to be undersized just enough that it doesn't touch both at the same time. Maybe that's why Cat used the buttons to it can contact both towers at one time.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020

I love to watch these videos because I like learning things and did he say rollerblading??! Awesome, I’m pretty sure rollerblades went out of style back in the late 90s. Just saying.😂😂

OK I’ll stick to the Polaris side, because I have no clue how Arctic cat things work, except for you, put gogo juice in, a spark ignites the fuel mixed with air and causes the piston to go down and then turn the track to turn and off you go 😜

Serious note, can you put ethanol free fuel in other sleds still?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Just pointing out what's out there, if not things don't change and the same old stuff keeps being reused.

A few thousand miles and that clutch will more then likely be toast, short lived clutch that has already been altered, same problems new year.

This is why I went after this Alpha, while the majority want two rails I want one ski.

You have no idea how difficult and exhausting a sled is until you learn how to ride one ski.

Then you realize how all that new technology still sucks :)

The Alpha so far is the best candidate for this.

I'm not brand loyal, maybe that's the problem. What you don't know won't hurt you supposedly.

The good ol’ EXO sled. Weird suckers and don’t think I would ever want to try one but I do run EXO backcountry backpacks 👊🏻

Premium Features